says he can't be friends with you...what the heck does that mean? We were best friends before we began dating and even better friends during our 2.5 year relationship. We have taken a few months completely away from one another, in which he moved on a month after breaking up with me. I saw him a couple weeks ago and he said that it is too soon for him to be friends with me...but I don't get it because he's moved on, I am moving on in the sense that everything in life is going fine. He broke up saying his feelings had changed and that he loved me but wasn't IN love with me.

It is just frusterating because the friendship that we did have was great.

I know what you mean, I'm going through the same thing. But really there is nothing you can do. You just have to wait until he is ready. He may say that he has moved on but there is still the pain there that he is dealing with.

Good luck. Hope its not too long before you guys can just be friends again.

It's hard to go back to being friends and just forget the fact that you had a relationship. It changes things. You can't just "go back." He might just want some more time so that it's sure that both of you have really moved on. I know I didn't want to be friends with my ex right away because I was too afraid of saying something that could make him think we'd get back together. I wanted to know for sure that he had moved on before I was willing to be friends.

His feelings for you are still too strong to be around you and not be able to have you like he used to. Or he may just be doing things you would dissaprove and doesn't want you to witness it cause your opinion still counts so much. Dating someone else may just be for a cover.

Or - if he was the dumper - he cringes thinking about you because you remind him of all the crap between you.

me and my gf just broke up and she says she wants to be friends but i dont. I love her and think she is amazing, but i cant be friends. This is due to the fact it will hurt too bad when somebody else talks to her or dates her etc. Also if we talk and do things like that i dont feel that we will be able to get over each other or move on.

Starting Over In a Relationship - B...
Starting Over In a Relationship - Beginners Guide

Archived