Bucks (Bachelor's) nights

Circe

In your personal opinion.. what behaviour is acceptable - what isn't?

I'll be hearing all about what my guy got up to tomorrow.. and I'll admit to having a few nervous feelings about it. Doesn't help that I'm super conservative..

Realistically, I know it's more acceptable to us women, for the guys to have just a "guys nite" save the stripper part, and perhaps you may even have the type of guy who couldnt care less about having naked girls around....but usually your guy has at least ONE friend, who thinks part of the bonding time should include a girl taking off her clothes...so I'm just preparing myself for that with my fiance, and I think you should too..lol.

A bachelor's party, in my opinion, should be held to the same values as you pending marriage. If he truly loves and respects you, then his "last night of freedom" should not include anything that wouldn;t be appropriate when you are married. If you have no problem with him going to a strip club, than a stripper on his night is appropriate. If he knows (and has accepted) that you don't approve of this, then there should not be one at his bachelor's party.

It is your (soon to be) husbands responsability to see that the night proceeds in an acceptable manner, regardless of his friends intentions.

A bachelor's party, in my opinion, should be held to the same values as you pending marriage. If he truly loves and respects you, then his "last night of freedom" should not include anything that wouldn;t be appropriate when you are married. If you have no problem with him going to a strip club, than a stripper on his night is appropriate. If he knows (and has accepted) that you don't approve of this, then there should not be one at his bachelor's party.

It is your (soon to be) husbands responsability to see that the night proceeds in an acceptable manner, regardless of his friends intentions.

was gonna post but he beat me to it!

My hubby had a really fun one and litterally stayed up all night with his family and friends - but there was no strip-club stuff (because he didn't want it for the reason that the above post states!)

I think you have a really good man from your other posts I've seen on here, Indigo, I think you have nothing to worry about and that if one of his friends do have something there you're not comfortable with, I would still trust your guy if I was you He sounds really good, and I'm happy for you! Try not to worry too much about it, I'm sure it will be fine.

Very well said.

Thanks so much for your responses everyone.. it's really great to have a place to come and hear everyone elses opinions on things like this. It's nice to know I'm not alone in how I feel.

In my case, future H had told the two organisers that if there were strippers he would leave.. so I was perhaps, extra nervous, cause now if there were stippers and he didn't leave.. not only would I have to worry about my feelings re: the strippers - there's be the added complication of him saying he'd leave without leaving!

Now I knew all of this was not very probably but at a time like this (1 week away) it does feel like every little feeling or event is magnified..

In the end their party went from 3pm-7pm where they just got my poor guy incredibly drunk (he can't handle alohol nearly as well as he used to be able to in his very young days and consequently only ever has a couple of drinks max these days) - but basically he drunk until he just couldnt take it anymore (7pm) then tried to go to his parents' dinner (his parents have family here from overseas and its their last day) but was so sick he had to just go home to bed.

When he called me this morning he had already thrown up 5 times and mid-conversation, he had to rush off to throw up for the 6th time.

So overall - tho I feel terrible about how horribly sick he is today - it didnt go outside my boundaries re: whats ok and what isn't.

Me on the other hand.. last night was my hens.. we went out to dinner - I had a couple of drinks (which is enough for me to be extremely tipsy), watched a movie and had desert afterwards. My friends had more drinks but I stuck with a hot cup of tea (I'm not much of a drinker at all). They tried to push me into going to a strip club but I said absolutely not..

.. so all in all.. whew!!

Archived