Feeling replaced =(

Sammy

Hey. Well i'm here to get some advice or something because i'm feeling really sad, and unwanted =(. I'm a 16 year old girl, and since last year i've had some troubles with friendships and stuff..

I moved to my new city a year and some months ago, and on my first year i made best friends with this girl. We were really inseparable and hanged out every day, we never fighted, or you know had a bad time, always laughing etc. Before the last year ended i meet this other girl and became kinda friends with her, and introduced her to my best friend. We hanged out the three of us with some other people on the summer, and became closer to this "new" girl. However at the beginning of this year, my best friend became closer to the new girl and eventually me too, and we three started hanging out. After a little while i don't know how it happened, but my best friend has completely replaced me you could say. Everytime I try to talk to her or hang out with her, she makes up excuses, or we're talking and then she turn away and starts talking to other people leaving me hanging(that's kind of her personality to be bubbly like that, but now she just makes it a bit obvious she's not interested on what i'm saying..)..and now she hangs everyday with the "new" girl, and i feel awkward now when i try to hang out with them... because like 2 months ago we were bestfriends! and now i feel like she just forgot me, and doesn't care about me... i have no idea why... how could she have forgotten about our friendship like that, over a 2 months period?? i feel really sad, she was my best friend =(. I haven't told her how i feel or anything, because i think that if i do, then i'll loose her friendship for good.. I've tried to hang out with her alone or something to try and catch up, but it seems like she doesn't want to... It happened so quickly and suddenly, Her friendship means alooot to me, but i don't know what else to do..and the worst part is that she acts almost like she was never my best friend last year.. i feel really bad =(

best thing to do is ask her stuff like how come we dont hang out anymore, or as much as we used to?

not to jump on the lesbian thing but, do u think maybe u feel more than a friendship? i can imagine losing your best friend when u have not been there really long and dont have tons of friends, but realize too that if she does not want anything to do with you, u can do better and should forget about her.

You can't be acting like an obsessive lesbian. No offense. Just relax, some people grow out of friendships, you have to learn to make friends with everyone.

First of all sammi, welcome to ENA

I don't think being hurt by having a close friend reject you is in anyway acting like any obsessive lesbion That comment is just way off base as far as I'm concerned.

Unfortunately, these kinds of situations happen with 16 year old girls alot...have you ever seen the movie Mean Girls? Particularily when it's a close friendship involving three people these types of things happen alot with young girls and chances are in a few weeks the dynamics will change.

Can you try to make some new friends elsewhere? Are there any clubs or teams you can join at school? I'm sorry you're feeling hurt.

Thanks for the comments first of all =).

Well i'm not a lesbian whatsoever. It's just that it's really hard for me when i loose a strong friendship like that. It's not like i don't have any other friends, it's just that she was my best friend, and the one i appreciated the most.

But anyways, i'm good now, i already accepted the facts and moved on =).

Thanks for the comments again!.

Thanks for the update Sammy. Ignore the lesbian comment, that was just plain sillyness. Friendships can run very deep and can outlast alot of boyfriend/girlfriend relationships and good, honest friendships play a very important role in our lives.

Of course it's hard to lose a friend, especially a best friend. Just try to keep in mind that someone who is truly a best friend wouldn't have treated you like this. Keep looking for new friends and you'll find someone who deserves to be a real best friend. You deserve to have people in your life who will value the good person that you are

Archived