I want another baby, but I don't need one

Anna.

First, I have a 13 month old daughter that I am absolutely crazy about if any of you remember. I broke up with my ex-boyfriend and got pregnant IMMEDIATELY by an old friend (my grade school/high school crush by the way We started a relationship and had a year of pure hell where he treated me like crap. He had to get off hard drugs and I was like a freakin prison warden on his back, trying to make sure my child would have a good father.

He did successfully, we broke up for a couple of months, but since we've been back together things have been awesome (since July). I love him, he loves me, there's issues, like all relationships (I still have some lingering trust issues, it's hard to forget the past, you know?), but we work. He's freaking super daddy and completely sober, too. We are broke though. BROKE. and I am a college student still.

Now to the point, I hate hormonal birth control. It makes me crazy psycho. I've tried all the pills. I don't want an iud, b/c I've had friends with bad experiences. I like condoms, but we don't always have them or we don't always use them. I understand this means we will end up with another baby if we don't do something.

I actually want another baby, but I know it's really really not time. I adore my daughter, but she is a responsibility like no other, of course. But I want her to have a sibling close to her age as well. My mind changes daily on whether I want another baby or not.

We had sex today and I'm kinda wanting to go get Plan B, but I've taken it before and it REALLY makes me crazy. But in a way, I'm kinda excited all the time thinking about the idea of another little one around.

Am I crazy? What do I do?

Whoa whoa, take a step back and look at your situation. You openly admit that you can barely afford life as it is, you're still in school, and obviously if you knew you were ready, you wouldn't be having this mental debate. If you want to be a responsible parent, to your daughter and your unborn children, make sure you can provide the kind of life they deserve! Not only this but you say you're still trying to work out things with your relationship. Adding the stress of a second child probably wouldn't help things.

My advice? If you want a second baby, use this time to work toward being able to have that child. Either finish school or get a good job that pays well. Concentrate on your relationship and make sure you have a solid foundation to build upon. Then, if you're sure you still want another child, have fun and enjoy it. You won't have to be worried about finances, love, and classes. That way you can spend all your time obsessing over #2!

If you can't afford a condom then I doubt you could afford another baby. Think about it.

Good point.

You said it yourself, you are broke.

I don't think right now is the right time for another baby.

Enjoy your little bundle and when the time is right try for another. Until then I suggest you use some sort of BC regardless of if you like it or not.

It's a lot less money to prevent a baby then it is to have one.

50 cents can save you millions! LOL

You guys are right, I know you are. I just have that motherly feeling going on. I love my baby SO much, but I should think about hers and her future siblings well-being first. I needed affirmation of what I already knew I guess.

But what do I do about birth control? I wish HE could just take a pill!

But what do I do about birth control? I wish HE could just take a pill!

Ah! Don't we all?! LOL.

Men really have it so easy!

I get these urges to become a mother.....but then I give myself a good smack (not really, lol) and think ooooooh well noooooo right now isn't a good time. No job. No home. Almost no husband, LOL.

Just let time run it's course on this one!

any time i feel the itch for a baby, i go to link removed or link removed and scare myself out of it all.

really, you can't afford it. give your daughter the life she needs first, and then bring another baby in if you can.

the bc that i use is implanon. it's a rod inserted in my arm and is good for 3 years. i have no mood swings or even a period. i stil have my sex drive. it's like i'm human but protected!

any time i feel the itch for a baby, i go to link removed or link removed and scare myself out of it all.

really, you can't afford it. give your daughter the life she needs first, and then bring another baby in if you can.

the bc that i use is implanon. it's a rod inserted in my arm and is good for 3 years. i have no mood swings or even a period. i stil have my sex drive. it's like i'm human but protected!

they insert a rod into your arm? huh? lol. i've never heard of that!!!

i always thought about taking that seasonal pill....where you only get a period like .... every so often, i can't remember ... but then i thought about it and was like .... i want to have my period every month! lol. call me crazy ... but i'd feel weird or pregnant if i didn't have it every month. my period is my safety zone, lol.

they insert a rod into your arm? huh? lol. i've never heard of that!!!

i always thought about taking that seasonal pill....where you only get a period like .... every so often, i can't remember ... but then i thought about it and was like .... i want to have my period every month! lol. call me crazy ... but i'd feel weird or pregnant if i didn't have it every month. my period is my safety zone, lol.

ya get used to not having it. i have had 4 periods since august 07. it's the best. it doesnt happen to everyone though. some people keep their periods. unfortunately, i'm not having sex right now (boo) so i dont have to worry much. i recommend this form of bc to anyone though. i swear by it.

ya get used to not having it. i have had 4 periods since august 07. it's the best. it doesnt happen to everyone though. some people keep their periods. unfortunately, i'm not having sex right now (boo) so i dont have to worry much. i recommend this form of bc to anyone though. i swear by it.

so explain the rod in the arm?? LOL

link removed

it didn't hurt. it was like a shot with a little bit larger needle. it's the size of a matchstick. it sits in my left arm under the muscle. i can feel it if i touch it. it's good for 3 years.

Oh gosh that makes me cringe! LOL. I'm a big baby!

yeah I am a big baby too. No rods in the arm. or shots. or implantations.

lol, but I am contemplating growing another person inside my body and then it coming out! Doesn't make much sense, huh?

You and me both! That's why I stick to the pill.

I had to get a tetnus shot a couple weeks ago and I made the nurse count...and I closed my eyes. I am 26 years old! LOL

really guys, you can have a baby and get an epidural but you can't handle a shot of something at a doctor's office where youre in there for no more than 10 minutes whatsoever? is it really that serious.. come on...

LOL. I don't have kids!!!

LOL. I don't have kids!!!

well you know what i mean...

i'm childfree (no babies at all for me ever) b/c childbirth and pregnancy freak me out. but the 10-minute doctor's appt is better than 9 months of pregnancy and a ridiculous labor!!

well you know what i mean...

i'm childfree (no babies at all for me ever) b/c childbirth and pregnancy freak me out. but the 10-minute doctor's appt is better than 9 months of pregnancy and a ridiculous labor!!

Totally agree with you there! I just can't do shots...so I do the pill.

I'm fastly approaching 30 and still can live without a baby.

You guys, babies are soooo awesome though! My kid, man, she's the best. She's silly and beautiful and goofy. It's this little person that looks like me and loves me and I have a blast with her everyday and she makes me want another one!

But we decided against that, I know.

Archived