Guys holding handbags...

Shudder

So I'm just wondering what everyone though about this. I saw a couple at my work (supermarket) where the guy was holding the girl's handbag but also doing the majority of shopping, whilst the girl just stood there like a doorknob.

is this a sign of trust or the ultimate diss?

So I'm just wondering what everyone though about this. I saw a couple at my work (supermarket) where the guy was holding the girl's handbag but also doing the majority of shopping, whilst the girl just stood there like a doorknob.

It's impossible to come to a meaningful conclusion about that situation since it requires resorting to massive and unwarranted stereoptypes.

I used to play volleyball with a guy who had a "carry-all", which really looks like a male purse. We all gave him a hard time about it but I tell ya, when I'm hauling around my cell-phone, wallet, Ipod, GPS, and miscellaneous crap, I can't help but think about that "carry-all".

Not really sure if it's a sign of a guy being "whipped". If he carried it around everywhere, then yes. Honestly, I've never thought of it. I tend to tune out when I'm shopping with a girlfriend; my mind is elsewhere.

That's nothing to even think about, well maybe when your young and first having the experience it might seem weird, but holding your girlfriends hand bag doesn't make you less of a man. In fact when you see that guy who passes by that's looking over at you holding that bag. He isn't thinking how weird, he's thinking been there done that, and I know just how you feel.

Sometimes women do this to lay claim to you even if your totally ignorant of things happening around you. For example you may not have noticed (In fact you most likely never do) but your girlfriend did and she doesn't like how that woman is looking at you and she wants to make sure this other woman gets the hint that you are her's so she'll have you hold her handbag...

That's nothing to even think about, well maybe when your young and first having the experience it might seem weird, but holding your girlfriends hand bag doesn't make you less of a man. In fact when you see that guy who passes by that's looking over at you holding that bag. He isn't thinking how weird, he's thinking been there done that, and I know just how you feel.

Sometimes women do this to lay claim to you even if your totally ignorant of things happening around you. For example you may not have noticed (In fact you most likely never do) but your girlfriend did and she doesn't like how that woman is looking at you and she wants to make sure this other woman gets the hint that you are her's so she'll have you hold her handbag...

Haha, that is so funny. You should tell her next time just lay a big wet kiss on you instead. lol

Are girls really that smart? Genius.

I think it's just a sweet gesture. And the girl doesn't mind him carrying his stuff AND doing other stuff. I kind of find it selfish but I don't want to judge based on 1 thing like that.

Besides, IMO shopping isn't a hard task. You walk around briskly and pick up what you need occasionally checking prices.

I'd probably take my bag and hold it myself. Wouldn' want him accidently leaving it somewhere while also doing the shopping. Plus, I don't like making people do stuff when I can myself. Still think it's very sweet when a guy just insists on carrying my bag for me. No diss on my part to him.

I have held my wife's purse on occasion. It doesn't make me feel emasculated because I don't care what other people think.

Damn D....I bet you look hot doing it too!

Thats nothing really...i've sent them to the store to buy my tampons. He came back with Depends...but hey. He tried. lol

I've had boyfriend offer to carry my (hand)bag and I always thought that it was a sweet gesture; sometimes when I felt tired, I gave it to them, sometimes I didnt.

My dad carries my mom's handbag all the time when they go out bc she likes to stuff her handbags w/ all sorts of stuff and it is usually pretty heavy.

I dont think it's emasculating at all.

Not really sure if it's a sign of a guy being "whipped". If he carried it around everywhere, then yes. Honestly, I've never thought of it. I tend to tune out when I'm shopping with a girlfriend; my mind is elsewhere.

Yea. Girls don't think much of it when they hand the purse to a bf. It's just like a gf carrying her bf's stuff briefly. Not any reason for people to say "Oh.. look ha ha! He's soooo whipped". It's not highshool.

Haven't you ever noticed the line of men near the rest rooms where they are all holding thier ladies hand bags. This is were a conversation such as this is usually discussed amoung men. I believe this is the first time I've ever seen it discussed outside of that arena.

my guy knows when to hold my handbag for me... yes, it's a sweet gesture (but it's not like i let him carry it everytime we're out)... and yes, like one of the posters said, though unintentionally, it sends vibes to other people that "we are a couple".

sometimes, my guy even combs my hair for me, i loooove it ^_^

i've gone shopping with gfs where i hold their bag while they look around or change in the change room. i find myself wandering around with it looking at stuff. lol but i think most people know why i'm holding a purse. doesn't bother me much.

the situation you described sounds like the guy is a tool though. carrying everything while the girl carries nothing, not even her own purse? forget that.

Archived