I'm scared ... (STALKER!)

Comatose

So I have a plentyoffish account. When I first joined I was on there quite a bit, but I slowly lost interest in it - mostly because all of the women living in my area who would actually respond were either over 50 (not that there's anything wrong with that ... but I have 3 sisters, a dotting mother, and an even more dotting Nana, so not really in dire need of female friends ya know?), or they were divorced more than once or married (not that there's anything wrong with that either, just not for me.)

So exasperated, I stopped signing on and devoted more time to hobbies and such. That is until this younger lady from Saskatchewan sent me an interesting message. It was going well until she started talking about coming down and visiting after a few days ... that just struck me as odd. I live in a rinky-dink town, not much to offer here unless you're into the outdoors (in other words, most girls wouldn't have a reason to visit ... no offense ladies but not very many of you are the outdoorsy type it seems, "camping" in your RV doesn't count as being outdoorsy! And neither does sun bathing ... HAHA ... jk jk don't hate me.

So where was I? Oh yeah ... I asked her why she wanted to come and visit. And she said she thinks that we're soul mates. I didn't really know what to say, so I didn't respond to her IM for a few minutes and then suddenly said I had to go and and didn't log on for a few days.

I started to suspected maybe she was just playing with me, but then I thought maybe she was just naive and I started to feel like a * * * * head. So I signed on again, and she had sent me her number wanting me to call. (Um hello, international calls are expensive girl!) Well, she seemed really hurt that I didn't call despite the fact I explained I didn't want to pay for international calling ... and suggesting talking on the mic instead.

Anyhow, so we started talking on the mic, and it's going well until she brings up the soul mate thing again. I ask, isn't that taking it kinda fast? And she just logs off.

So, a week goes by. I feel like a jerk, but this girl is just plain weird. Then one day when I'm working, I get a phone call and guess what ... she found my cell # on the internet!

I just hung up ... and have been living in fear since.

What should I do? *Hides under blanket*

You have been living in fear because some woman found your cell phone number? Hmmm. I'm thinking the action doesn't exactly warrant the emotion at this point. How about "living in surprise", or "living in awkwardness", or "living in a state of annoyance"? Fixed it for you.

Getting a phone call from her must have been pretty akward. Wow, I don't even know what I would do!

Change/remove your account as well as change your cell phone number. Tell your phone company you have a stalker and they should be more than glad to change it for you, free of charge.

Getting a phone call from her must have been pretty akward. Wow, I don't even know what I would do!

Change/remove your account as well as change your cell phone number. Tell your phone company you have a stalker and they should be more than glad to change it for you, free of charge.

I agree that it's rude and unbecoming, but if that's all it takes to get someone labeled a stalker then there are more of those little bastards running around then I had first realized.

WOW! I didn't know a cell number could be found. News to me. yikes

I had a similar incident on POF, myself. After exchanging 2 messages with this fella (IN MY TOWN) he was in love, his heart was mine and we were destined to be together. I stupidly had given him my number before I realized he was a weirdo. I finally had the heart to tell him to buzz off and I only had to ignore his calls for 3 more days before he got the hint. Scary!!

WOW! I didn't know a cell number could be found. News to me. yikes

I had a similar incident on POF, myself. After exchanging 2 messages with this fella (IN MY TOWN) he was in love, his heart was mine and we were destined to be together. I stupidly had given him my number before I realized he was a weirdo. I finally had the heart to tell him to buzz off and I only had to ignore his calls for 3 more days before he got the hint. Scary!!

Supposedly if you know someone who works for a phone company you can find any cell#.

. I live in a rinky-dink town, not much to offer here unless you're into the outdoors (in other words, most girls wouldn't have a reason to visit ... no offense ladies but not very many of you are the outdoorsy type it seems, "camping" in your RV doesn't count as being outdoorsy! And neither does sun bathing ... HAHA ... jk jk don't hate me.

/QUOTE]

It says you live in WHITEFISH!? As in the place where the amazing skiing mountain is!?!?!? That is reason enough to visit if you ask me!!

Of course, I'm a crazy Canadian, and we love playing in the snow. ;p

ehhh ive been there done that.

1) found out how she got your number and get it removed

2) Got to your cellphone provider and pay the 10-20 bucks to get that number blocked

3) If she still persist delete your internet account thingy or simply block her s/n

4) if she find a way still to contact you then its time to be a jack ass. tell her that you are no longer interested

Some people you can't be nice to. It sucks and I deeply hate being a jerk but sometimes i have to be for people to back off

. I live in a rinky-dink town, not much to offer here unless you're into the outdoors (in other words, most girls wouldn't have a reason to visit ... no offense ladies but not very many of you are the outdoorsy type it seems, "camping" in your RV doesn't count as being outdoorsy! And neither does sun bathing ... HAHA ... jk jk don't hate me.

/QUOTE]

It says you live in WHITEFISH!? As in the place where the amazing skiing mountain is!?!?!? That is reason enough to visit if you ask me!!

Of course, I'm a crazy Canadian, and we love playing in the snow. ;p

If only I liked skiing.

All good advice

I'm not sure I would go as far as labeling somone a stalker on that limited basis. Women on the otherhand would label a man that gives them a second look a stalker these days.

Where's the romance if there isn't a small amount of persitance?

Actually I've had more than a couple of women that have went to great efforts to draw me in. I wouldn't label any of them as "Stalkers" just " Overly Infatuated". Of the few I recall one stands out as an error on my part. I don't know why I resisted in going out with her now looking back upon it. She was cute, sweet and interesting everything I would love to have in my life today. If I had it to do all over again knowing what I know today I would have dated her but at the time I was being stupid... You live and learn and these days I'm not so quick to pass up someone that doesn't fit my ideal woman. If you get too picky you lose out and lots of women these days are looking for mr perfect.

Myself I'm willing to look past some flaws these days as I know there is no woman that is perfect. But it sure makes my search much harder since women generally take the approch of finding reason to not date a guy as opposed to looking for the reasons to give a guy a chance.

Well, I'm not actually scared, that was more of a joke.

I am disappointed, because it seems like either she's a psycho, playing me, or she wants a green card.

So much for genuine interest.

If only there was a match-making thread on here. Not nearly as many creeps as on the majority of dating sites. Anyone up to the task?

Seriously,,,what are the chances of her hopping on a plane and finding you if you don't invite her... it would be a total waste of money and effort...change your number if you dont want her to have it or just tell her your not really that interested...It's not like your gonna bump into her in the grocery store...

If you do then you might want to think about running...lol...

HMMMMM...How do you go about getting a cell phone number anyway.....

Archived