For those who eat a healthy diet and exercise

I am not one to talk, but I know a lot about healthy diets and exercise.

It's best to have 6 small meals a day to keep the metabolism going.

Breakfast is a MUST.

Cut out all junk, crisps, chocolate, sweets, etc.

The thing is, it's not a diet you need to stick to, it's a LIFE STYLE. Something you'll live on for the rest of your life. So you gotta vary in foods and get a bit of everything.

Exercise, well, you could do swimming each weekend, brisk walking, bike riding, go to the gym, if you want a better metabolism, lift some weights, build some muscle, more muscle = faster metabolism.

What is your diet/life style like at the moment?

I don't know about cutting out ALL junk food - you don't want to feel deprived and then kinda binge on the stuff. It's pretty daunting to come to the knowledge that you will never, ever eat about chip as long as you live. Just try to limit it as best you can - start small and work your way up. My weakness is poutine (french fries, gravy and cheese), I manage to limit it by having it only once a month and only at a certain pub. That way when I do have it, then it's pretty much guilt free.

Here's an idea - if you are an outdoorsy person, make a rule that you will only eat chips on your hike - never any other time. A friend of mine does that with chocolate, she always brings this really expensive bar of chocolate and eats it with gusto half way up a mountain!

I agree with Sarey though - breakfast is a must!!!!

the best way to exercise is to pickup a sport.. not only will the sport be good exercise but it gives you the desire to be fit to play the sport better. everytime i feel tired doing cardio i think about a hockey game loss and it pushes me to complete my workout.

as for eating .. keep fruits and vegetables available to eat. i work in an office and i bring a couple of oranges, a banana or anything else. this is so if i have to work past lunch i can hold myself down with that.. and i eat one before i leave work so i won't go nuts on the dinner.

control your portions.. i have a sub sometimes for lunch and eat half, and save the half for later.

• 5 months later...

Thank you for sharing the informative post.

A healthy body weight and sufficient exercise are important parameters for our strength. A healthy diet is important for the human body to fight infection, prevent diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, to have the strength to engage in everyday activities, and to maintain a healthy weight. The type of food eaten even affects appear and feelings of well-being. A healthy diet is all about what you eat rather than how much you eat; Of course all foods must be consumed in control. A healthy diet is something that anyone can choose to maintain in order to keep a good health.

Have a happy healthy life
Have a happy healthy life

Archived