Haven't been on in a while but i got a few things i need to get off my chest. For those of you that know my story I am about 9 years older than my ex. She is 20 and i am 29. We dated for about 10 months before she broke up with me. We never fought, always got along great. I was kind of blind sided when she broke up with me, i could tell she was acting distant but didn't really think anything of it. I believe we broke up last April, so it has almost been a year. Anyways shortly after we broke up she began dating another guy her own age and they dated for three months, he broke up with her, found out she had been talking to me again and started saying and doing everything to get her back which she did go back to him. She has started going to the same gym as meand we talkhere (he has forbid her to talk to me, made him erase my number out of her phone, really insecure) and we were talking the other night and she told me she was still IN love with me, not just she loves me. Now what i am venting at is she told me that she broke up with me because people were saying isn't he a little old for you. Now her Mom, grandmother, family absolutly love me and see nothing wrong with the age gap but it is her so called friends that have stabbed her in her back numerous times that she is getting all this from. It really makes me angry that these people would say things like this because it is not "normal" or how things are supposed to be. I am truly in love with this girl but cantdo anythingbecause she wants to be like her friends and be young which i agree she needs because it is part of growing up but i am not looking for marriage anytime soon anyways. I hope maybe one day she will see our special connection we have and put being "normal" aside so maybe one day we can be together again. I am not looking for any answers but just rather getting all this off my chest before i explode. Thanks for listening

I can understand your frustration but I can also see her point of view - she is only twenty. But she is not being kind in telling you that she is still in love with you - that is selfish.

It is possible she will regret her decision but your best bet is to avoid her as much as possible. Unless she says she wants you back - what purpose is there in seeing her?

Archived