Les Mills Body pump

Azza13

I'll try to answer this being a Les Mills instructor:

FIrst of all how often do you participate in BodyPump classes? As a rule of thumb there should be always at least 1 day between classes otherwise it is hard to benefit from the workout as your muscles need time to "relax" and "build". About the definition this of course has to do with your shape now and what kind of weights you use. You should always aim at the "best you can do" Meaning the last repeatitions in a track should be really hard for you... no pain no gain

Hope this helps for the beginning.

I'll try to answer this being a Les Mills instructor:

FIrst of all how often do you participate in BodyPump classes? As a rule of thumb there should be always at least 1 day between classes otherwise it is hard to benefit from the workout as your muscles need time to "relax" and "build". About the definition this of course has to do with your shape now and what kind of weights you use. You should always aim at the "best you can do" Meaning the last repeatitions in a track should be really hard for you... no pain no gain

Hope this helps for the beginning.

Oh thats great! well i i started about 3 weeks ago and i have been doing consistantley 4 times a week with a days break in bewteen i also mix it up with some body attack aswell i im still pretty sure i dont have 100% techniqe especially with the Clean and press i need to stay close to my body more and bend my knees ( like sitting down ) like in the lunge tracks and keeps my arms in for that. so im staying with 4Kg each side on most tracks * yes i know the lunges should be twice as much but will do wehn i feel more confident * and tricep i usually just go 2.5kg on each side dont feel very strong enough there hopefully in the coming weeks i will gain more strength to push even harder.

I have a question for one of the tricep tracks i think its Body Pump 67? how do you do the tricep pull over where u lie on ur back and the bar comes to ur forhead then goes back over your chest or something becasue the instructor is on his back aswell i find it hard to ask him how to do it right? im not sure if u know what im talking about

why not lift weights in a gym and do cardio? you will get better results. just push yourself. do not do chest and shoulders more than once a week.

becasue Body pump does this for me

the pullover is done within the triceps track. correct. Here it is essential that you have a 90 degree angle of your lower and upper arms thourghout the whole movement. Dont ever do the movement with your elbow muscle but by keeping the angle force your triceps to work.

4 times a week sounds good for a start. Later I would go down to maybe 3 classes per week and mix in some more attack or combat. That way you start building your body but also do enough of cardio and burn calories.

Archived