Things that you do to help you forget

Keeping the mind and body busy is essential during and after a breakup. So what have you found that helps? For me it's reading, stuff like the Golden Compass etc that is escapist and riding my bike every weekend, taking it on multiple day tours and blogging about it. And of course ENA.

I spend a lot of time with friends. I bury myself in work. I do some writing, esp writing about what happened, to try to understand the rel'ship and myself better, so that I'll avoid similar pain in the future.

I agree with others about going to the gym... working out while listening to my ipod-very therapeutic.

I come home from work, pour a glass of JD, get a little buzz going on and then either work on music or illustrations for my great-aunt's children's book. I might see a friend once a week. I also have coffee and dinner with my folks a couple of times a week. I'd like to hang at the bar with my brother once (he goes 3 times a week with friends), but he keeps turning me down and saying he's going with his buds the next night, etc. I think he likes having his own bar that he goes to and doesn't want me to share that, but oh, well.

working, watching movies/comedies, reading and shopping. they all work for me.

ena helps as well, it's great that every one here is so helpful. but it's a vicious cycle. i come onto ena every day even if i don't feel like crap, but then i'm made to feel like crap because i'm reminded of my break up haha

I do the things that I did before him and that I will always do and I try to generally focus on improving myself so it gives me something extra to do on top of what I normally do: talk to friends and family, listen to their problems, try to offer advice, try to work out, watch my favorite tv shows, plan my life so that I don't wind up procrastinating and so that I am on top of my work and other obligations. Basically, I just try to live my life as normal, but with the added push that I want to do everything better.

I call my friends (keep in rotation so you don't wear anyone out, ha!), read/post on ENA, watch bad TV for background noise, go to movies, serious house cleaning helps, volunteer work is amazing, listening to books on my iPod, and rediscovering YOGA has saved my LIFE.

Archived