OMG! Bladder Infection :(

Do Cranberry Juice Help With UTI? A...
Do Cranberry Juice Help With UTI? Amazing 4 Facts That You Should Know!

Ugh, I woke up this morning and had to pee..then felt like I had to pee again and again and again.

Researched online and had all the symptoms of the dreaded BLADDER INFECTION!!!! UGH!!!!

Besides Cranberry juice, what are some home remedies? Anything to ease the discomfort? Also, is this contagious? Should me and the man stay away from sex until I feel better?

Definitely GET antibiotics asap. Don't fool around with a bladder infection.

in the meantime the only over the counter remedy that will provide you relief is AZO standard (it comes under other brandnames, but the most popular one is AZO). Most pharmacies carry it. ONly use this to treat your symptoms until you can see a doc for AB's...this will NOT cure it, it only eases the burning, and frequency of urination.

I used to get these consistently in my 20s. I kept AZO Standard on hand all the time, it is the only thing OTC that DOES provide relief...the burning and feeling like you have to pee but can't will be relieved. Don't be alarmed tho, it will turn your urine BRIGHT flaming orange! The color will get less in intensity gradually.

Get thee to a doctor, pronto! They are nothing to fool around with. They can get so bad you kidneys can shut down as the infection spreads through your system. Cranberry juice works well in tandem with antibiotics, not instead of them.

This is true. You can't treat a bladder infection without antibiotics. The home remedies are more of something you use along with the antibiotics.

Bladder infections are painful. I would avoid sex until you are feeling better, mainly because these infections occur in the first place because of bacteria.

The only way to get rid of it is with antibiotics.

But to ease symptoms, you can drink cranberry juice, plenty of water- and there's an OTC drug called AZO that's helps with symptoms. Vitamin C can help as well.

Of course, when you go to the doctor, you cannot have medicine in your system or they won't get an accurate reading.

I suggest seeing a doctor immediately to cure the infection. The other things can aid with symptoms.

The above is correct. You need to get a urine sample to the doc without the azo standard in it...they cannot read the results if it is present. If you can't get to a doctor today, the AZO can get you thru the night so you are not in so much pain but take it very soon so that it can be leaving your system by mid day or so tomorrow.

Bladder infections are caused by bacteria and need to be treated with antibiotics so you will need to see your doctor and get tested. Left untreated, they can progress up into your kidneys and become quite serious.

Things that can help prevent future infections are keeping hydrated (cranberry juice and water are best, caffeine can irritate things and make them worse), emptying your bladder every few hours, wiping front to back after peeing or moving your bowels, and urinating before and after sex.

Definitely go to the doctors asap! Get anitbotics and don't drink any caffenie. I had one about 1 1/2 ago and it hurt really bad. I was told to drink the cranberry juice which suppose work (which you have mentioned) but other than that I was told to go to the doctors. I had to take a anitbotic for a couple days until the perscripion was gone.

Cranberry juice is a great maintenance tool, but i have never known it to actually have a lot of bearing on a full blown infection, and i have tried everything under the sun! It never did a thing once i already had one, but did help keep bacteria down in between as maintenance.

It won't hurt to drink it right now, but it won't relieve much of the symptoms if the bacteria has already taken hold to the point that pain and burning and frequent urination is present.

I have a UTI right now. So I feel your pain - literally.. What I did was I just called my gyno's offc, had them call in a Rx for me (didn't want to pay a $20 copay so I just told them I've had tons of UTIs and know this is one again) and they did call it in for me. My health ins covered the rest.

I get UTIs almost every time I have sex unless I go pee right after. It sounds weird but it really does help prevent UTIs. This time I was lazy and got sick. Sucks.

I gotta go take my antibiotic now! Sigh

I guess some people are more prone to them than others? I'm fortunate that I haven't had a UTI or a bladder infection in years, many years actually. I think the last time I had one I was pregnant with my youngest child and he is 16 now.

I wonder what I'm doing right?

I guess some people are more prone to them than others? I'm fortunate that I haven't had a UTI or a bladder infection in years, many years actually. I think the last time I had one I was pregnant with my youngest child and he is 16 now.

I wonder what I'm doing right?

I cannot prove this scientifically but I think there might be a link to BC pills and UTI's. I got them while pregnant and when on BC's and that is really the only time in my life (knock on wood) they ever plagued me. I went off BC's in my early 30s and have not, ironically, had problems since. No clue if there is a correleation but I strongly suspect it. Pregnancy and BC's put the body into a similar state and that is why i think these two things can cause them....altho I am not sure of the scientific explanation why unless the hormone levels with both that are aggravating it.

Archived