gf losing interest

tylerer
Signs she is not faithful
Signs she is not faithful

i've been with my gf for over a year and a half. we're 26 and we've been seeing each other every other day,when we could. i've done some things to make her lose her trust in me,and now i feel she's being reserved,and only wants to see me over weekends. we live not faraway from each other so i find it strange to see each other that little. she said she doesn't trust me like she used to,she's scared,and wants to take it slow. it kind of makes me think maybe we should break up. we've been seeing each other this little for a few months. that really bothers me. also we don't have sex that often anymore obviously. everything is cut down to once a week. but she claims she loves me. i told her i wanted to see her more,but she refused.

i didn't cheat on her,but i broke some promises and treated her disrespectfuly. how to gain her trust back? is she not that into me anymore? should i be worried? what is going on?

How did you disrespect her, if I may ask?

i've just got out of a very hurtful relationship with my ex before my current gf,and i went on and on about my ex to her,and she listed about her for a year,trying to be understanding and patient with me,until i started to compare her to my ex,saying i loved my ex more,and that got her feel very bad,so she asked me to stop mentioning her anymore. i promised i won't,but i did. i think i'm over my ex now ,so i don't know why i did that to my gf.

also i got drunk one night and almost cheated on her,and i confessed it to her. she reacted pretty badly. i also stared at other girls in front of her. i think i was hurting bad from my last relationship and i let it all on her. i feel bad for it,and i won't treat her like that anymore,i love her. but i feel it's too late,and things aren't the same anymore.

I disagree with the above poster, I think it's good that you were honest with her, both about the "almost" cheating and the stuff about the ex.

Having said that, I kind of don't blame her for wanting to distance from you. If she were on here asking for advice, I'd tell her to dump you flat out.

However, you seem truly remorseful, and for whatever reason she seems to want to hang on to you. It's not completely clear what her motivation is, but I think you should talk to her about it. Ask her what she is hoping to accomplish by holding you at arms' length. Ask her what needs to happen before she can trust you again.

If I were her, I'd take a no-contact break from you for about 6 months. You clearly need to deal with your feelings about your ex and now this girl too. Once you've both had time to get perspective, try again. Give it another few months, and if it's not different, go your separate ways.

Good luck, keep us posted.

CG

Archived