Divorce Court Date is on my birthday!

abitbroken

Some people close to me say it is just a coincidence, that the court just gives you a date. Since I was served divorce papers the day before thanksgiving and I received his petition for default (rejected by court) on Christmas Eve, I find it hard to believe it is all a coincidence....

Anyways..I think this is sucky. The court won't change the date unless the petitioner does (him) so if I want it changed, I have to take it up with my soon to be ex who doesn't contact me or answer me back unless it is something that will cover his butt.

Happy freaking birthday. Some say he is giving me a good present but now I will be stuck remembering my birthday as something miserable that happened as well NICE.

I guess I am just venting, but any words of wisdom would be appreciated!

This is sucky, right now but....

The old life you once had will end and you can look at it like not only your birthday but the birth of your new life. It might not seem like it now but by next year I think you will look back at this as a good thing. It is your life to make what you will with it and that day will be your rebirth of sorts.

lost

I wish I could look at it that way...I am almost there not quite.

I guess what I am so worried about is that I wonder what I will do when I see him. If he looks sick and a lot older than his years, I might lose my resolve.

To recap, I took care of him after an illness (stroke, etc) for quite awhile and I think he felt a little out of control and he and his family sort of orchestrated things. They all came over one day yelling and screaming and bullying me to the point a relative who tried to call me called the police because of what she heard, and the distress in my voice. They all left that night and I didn't hear from him since on the phone or in person. Anyway, I know he had been in and out of the hospital afterwards. Now he has what he wants - his mom and sister taking care of him where they will cater to and control every single thing. His family has convinced him that when he was in ICU, because I wasn't sleeping at the foot of his bed, I wasn't "by his side" while he was in the hospital (i knew if my health also went, we'd be really out of luck so I got a hotel room for a few nights near the hospital so I could sleep and make calls to keep business going.)

I really tried to give it my all as far as doctors, paperwork, the right foods, meds, etc. and he was feeling better, but I guess because Mom didn't approve all bets were off.

I want him to be healthy, but its out of my hands now.

My decree N was announced on my Birthday!. The court I went to where you have to place your hands on the bible under oath and declare information given is correct was right next door to where we were married too.

I am really sorry you are dealing with this and I honestly understand your pain. Please be brave..

you have people here including myself so if you ever need to talk or vent I am always here.

Tina x

• 2 weeks later...

Archived