how do I stop the dreams?

Quick rundown, we dated and lived together for 2 years, she broke up with me giving me the line, we are in two diferent places. It was a good relationship, lot of good times. Her family liked me, invited me on two week vacation to Canada within a few months of me dating her. When we broke up I layed out my feelings on the line, didn't beg, just let her know how I felt, she thought it was begging. Said she was done with me. Its been almost 3 months since we broke up, 2 months since NC. She still checks my pages like clockwork. .

our last conversation ended up in anger, my actions drove her into the arms of another person, a total jerk.

About once a week I get these dreams that are so vivid they wake me up and I can still smell her and feel her against me. I loved this girl dearly and wanted to get back with her, but right now we can't be together. Now I am 2400 miles away from her and I just want to move on, but when I have these dreams its so hard.

Just Me

Alot has to do with your subconscious. I had this going on for a period of time and it felt like it didnt want to die or fade down. But when you start moving on emotionally and mentally then you would think less of your ex girlfriend. Try to do something that keeps you busy during the day. Hang out with your buddies more often, spend time with family, anything that can keep your mind off of her until you start to really forget about her. I know its no easy thing. Cuz, I've experinced it myself alot of times. the more you keep busy the more you would think less of her. it will go away in time trust me. so what your experincing is normal.

If her family has threatened you with a restraining order, don't even think of getting back with her, even if she asks. You would be begging for jail time. For some reason, and I'm not saying it's valid, they don't like you or want you to have anything to do with their daughter. Respect that.

Hi!

Perhaps you are thinking about her/the relationship too much so that by days-end your mind is filled with thoughts of her? It might be a good idea to occupy your mind with something frivolous for a half hour before bed? It could be anything from watching a funny show, doing a crossword puzzle as you relax in bed, reading something light and fun, or perhaps meditating/praying and calming your mind and body. A nice cup of a relaxing herbal tea might help you relax your mind and body as well.

You said "we can't be together NOW.". Perhaps you're holding on to a false hope that is preventing you from moving forward? Food for thought.

I faced a similar situation in my recent breakup- my ex made a statement that "she hoped I wouldn't stalk her." Sorry- wrong guy. She has, to date, done quite a fine job of cyber-stalking me and I too kept a log so that if the need arose I would not only be able to defend myself but if need be I would be able to prosecute her. Thankfully she seems to have slowed down and by maintaining strict NC it seems that I have worn her out. *whew!* What a nightmare...

Try a few suggestions in regard to the dreaming and if you strike gold please post your results- it seems that many of us are troubled by dreams so your input will be very helpful!

Peace,

JD123

yeah I am probably still harboring hope on getting back together, as I've never felt this way about anyone before, she is the only one that I opened up to, not compleatly, i have a hard time with that. As far as the restraining order goes, her parents are nice and respectful to me and it just doesnt' seem like them. I think its from prompting of her "new guy" and the fact that I had a nervous breakdown at the beginnign of the year due to stress and had some mental issues.

Just me

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived