i need some advice about my situation

adubz4real

i met the girl about 8 months ago at work. when i met her she was engaged to a man she had been with for 6 yrs. he is 26 with no hs diploma mistreats her n is controlling. we started off just chatting on the phone then progressed to going out here n there. so about 2 months of this she broke up with her fiance n started a relationship with me. after 2 weeks being with me she said she needed to go back n make sure she wasn't making a mistake. well that didn't work out n she came back. about a week ago she said she needed space cause she don't know who she wanna be with. n finally she chose him on Thursday, im hurt but i truly love her n our relationship grown a lot from day 1 but obviously as strong as 6 yrs. my friends n her parents say she is confused n when she realizes he is only changing to get her back she will come back to me. right now i am devastated and very hurt. i asked her that do u truly want me gone for good or to be there for you when this man hurts u again. she did say she wanted me there for her. that's basically the story minus some details too much to write. do i stand a chance?

Welcome to ENA. You should let this one go, you are a rebound, and she is treating you very unfairly (in addition to cheating on her fiancee with you to start the relationship) . The faster you move on from this one, the faster you will be able to create options for yourself with quality women.

Going forward, don't get involved with people who are already involved. Also, never take "poor me/evil BF-GF" talk at face value. It's the most common way affairs start, unloading criticisms (usually very one-sided criticisms) of an SO on a sympathetic third party. It is a favorite play in the compulsive cheater's handbook. She was cheating when she got with you, and she will be cheating when she leaves you.

You are not blameless here either. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but if you read around here, you will see just how much damage people like your GF do to the lives of others through enabling behavior such as yours.

Is My Relationship Over - Signs
Is My Relationship Over - Signs

Archived