6 Year Anniversary - feeling weak at the moment

So today would officially be six years. I woke up with a stomach ache, but I felt better than normal waking up which is unusual. Then around 10am, I started thinking about all our good times and how I really don't want to let them go. I want her back so badly today. She's my best friend. I tried to rest to calm my nerves, but all I'm thinking about is how I wish it was last year's anniversary and I had time to correct all the bad things in 2008 that led to us breaking up. I want to pick up the phone and see how she's doing. She never forgets the anniversary...but...she broke up with me so she probably doesn't care.

Obviously, sticking to NC today is particularly crucial. I'm determined to do it...but boy it is difficult.

I appreciate what you are going through as I am anticipating the same when Valentine's Day comes as this would have been our anniversary. This healing business is too hard.

Yes sir. Valentine's day is going to be brutal...but I anticipate I'll be able to get a "valentine" to keep my mind of the ex.

What happened with your ex? You almost hit one year and starting dating last year on valentines?

Yes sir. Valentine's day is going to be brutal...but I anticipate I'll be able to get a "valentine" to keep my mind of the ex.

What happened with your ex? You almost hit one year and starting dating last year on valentines?

It's a bit of a long story. We met at work, became friends and then became a couple what would have been 5 years ago this Valentine's Day. Things went wrong last year where we split in the summer. Like you, I'd like to be able to correct what went wrong in the relationship but I cannot.

My ex has got over this quickly whereas I'm really struggling after 6 months of NC.

Hi John

I know just how hard these dates can be so know how you are feeling.

Keep strong mate - as these dates pass, it will get easier. Time, time, time is your best friend.

Take care mate - come back here and post your feelings when you feel a bit down.

Mark

Hey again John

There is nothing selfish in that! But you do have to be selfish for you right now to get yourself back - that is your priority.

There are crappy days that sneak back up on you and they suck big time, but trust me, you will get through this. You were ok before her and you WILL be ok afterwards.

Try to keep looking forward through the windscreen and not the crappy view out the rear view mirror!

Mark

I appreciate what you are going through as I am anticipating the same when Valentine's Day comes as this would have been our anniversary. This healing business is too hard.

Yeah Valentine's is always tough, my ex and I are in LC and I generally send her a Valentine's card, but not one of the really romantic sort. I know it's not the thing to do, but I do it anyway.

Yeah Valentine's is always tough, my ex and I are in LC and I generally send her a Valentine's card, but not one of the really romantic sort. I know it's not the thing to do, but I do it anyway.

My ex and I aren't in LC and I won't be sending her a card on Valentine's Day. Strange to think that only a year ago we exchanged cards and gifts but now we are not even in any form of contact and will never see each other again. Seems unusual to the other breakups I've read on this website where there is some form of significant contact by one side or the other. In my case, I've not contacted primarily out of fear and she hasn't not out of fear or pride or dignity but because of indifference pretty much from day 1. Is that normal?

I got through the day in one piece. I went out tonight with one of my friends (a female) and met lots of her female friends. Very very nice. I actually had fun. lol. Before I knew it, it was midnight and I realized I'm free. hahaha.

Back home and missing her...but knowing i could survive the anniversary without too much is a morale victory.

This may sound strange but I'm kind of stuck with thinking about what I was doing at this point 5 years ago when I was getting together with my ex. The problem is that 5 years ago the days were the same, that is 25th January was a Sunday too. I remember exactly what I was doing and that was making my first call to my now ex. I remember why I called, the hour or so I spent talking to my sister about whether I should call, then making the call and talking for a couple of hours on the phone. Been doing this day on day since December last year and it's driving me nuts.

Archived