Open Club  ·  21 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Vacation Recommendation [tropical]

_Asti_

I'm trying to plan a trip in the next few months and have no idea where to start in terms of finding a resort or location!

Where have you been, where did you stay? Do you recommend it?

I'm just so overwhelmed when searching online and it pulls up 100's of resort results!

We're not into a cruise.

We want something with a beach, pool and all you can drink haha. And decent food because we like our food

We aren't super picky, but we've heard some awful stories and nightmare trips from some people in the past and had good recommendations and tips given.

I just don't know where to start looking and how to decide!

We went to Cancun for our honeymoon. We stayed at Dreams, which is an all-inclusive resort that has two private beaches and several pools and most drinks are included. We absolutely loved it and plan on going there again for our anniversary in May.

We actually have that one tabbed for a possibility!!

We've seem to be drawn to Punta Cana. Whenever we flip through travel mags, we're always pointing out ones and realize they are in Punta Cana.

I really like the Dominican. The weather was perfect, the food was great and the locals were pleasant. I also felt fairly safe there as compared to some other southern destinations I've been to.

Yea, I'm hearing alot of positives about there.

• 2 weeks later...

Dreams in Cancun is nice, but I recommend Secrets Maroma in Riviera Maya (which is near Cancun). It's adults-only resort, All-Inclusive, deluxe quality, and new construction. Gorgeous! Excellence in Riviera Maya is really as beautiful as well (one of my personal favorites).

If you want to be on the in the Cancun hotel zone, you can do Sun Palace or Le Blanc Spa Resort - additional adults-only, All-Inclusive resorts.

It really depends on your budget.

Where in Hawaii and Mexico have you stayed in the past? That will give us an idea.

Archived