Hit rock bottom - only way is up.

shy2cool
Is My Relationship Over - Signs
Is My Relationship Over - Signs

I said stupid things to the girl at work, so I guess it's game over if it had even begun. Oh well, less pressure on myself. I feel like I can't be myself around her anymore.

My question is this:

Do you think think there is a time when somebody is not ready to be dating?

I am definitely making more of an effort this year, but it's not like I am a social butterfly that finds myself surrounded by crowds of people around my age. Sure, I am a bit picky but I know what I like. I've started some dancing classes in order to meet new people, but haven't found anyone there that takes my fancy.

I haven't been on a date in a number of years, so I feel that I lack so much experience that it's kinda embarrassing.

A guy at work kinda makes fun of me; for example, I say that I'm going out somewhere, and he will ask 'with your girlfriend?'. Basically implying that I am not 'good enough' to find a date. He knows that I'm single, and I'm not the kinda guy to keep things like that inside.

I assume you were being yourself when you said those "stupid" things. Were they really stupid or are you calling them stupid because of how she reacted to them? Seriously, ask your self that question and be honest with yourself.

You have to be you. If she does not appreciate, you learn that you guys are different peeps. I am still learning what I am preaching to you. I know it, but it's tough to apply effectively sometimes with all the emotions involved.

I was not ready to be dating when I was your age a few short years ago. Really, until I was in me early 30's. That was me though. I was/am really socially conscious due to self worth issues. I know too well how you feel about others "implying" their perceptions upon you about dating.

You need to find ways to stick up for yourself and believe in yourself as a single peep. Nothing wrong with being single, it's all perception and understanding. It does not matter one bit what other people think. That is something you will learn so long as you keep moving forward in your own life. Good luck and always better yourself.

Archived