Opinions on Online Dating

lifeiscash

I was real skeptical about online dating because I don't get on the internet that often and try to stay away to be productive and active. A buddy of mine started meeting good looking women and I asked where he met them, he told me a dating website. So, being the guy I am and loving a good challenge I decided to give it a go.

Let me tell you, I've never had a hard time getting a date. I'm social, athletic, great build, smooth talker, great job, etc. I gave it a go because I thought it would be fun and different. I never had such a hard time landing a date in my life. To be honest, I set up 5 dates this week with different women. All of them I met out on the scene or in public. After numerous attempts to "wink"/message women, I get the dreaded no response, or simply not interested. A part of me says, big deal so what just go out on the scene, but another part of me says, hey.. its just some skill that you can attain, I can do this. The same women that say they are not interested are the same girls that look twice and flirt with me in the real world. So what's the catch?

What do you women look for within a profile? What type of pictures do you like? Give me an idea what to change up to be more noticeable. And also for the men, what have you done to be successful online? What advice can you give? Much appreciated.

Ive never done on line dating.. thought about it.. but i always meet my dates out and about...

I do have a few friends that have... basically he broke it down for me... 50% of the women was just for hookups.. and other 50% were pyschos...

so no luck so far for him... but i have heard of success...

It is a skill just like any other, and you can get better. Don't "wink." Send a short email. Have made lots of posts on this, too lazy to type it all out again, search for them or send me a PM with specific questions. It's just a numbers game, expect a 20-30% response rate until you get good at it.

I met my current boyfriend online, and we have been together 1 year and 8 months. He got my attention because he actually bothered to read my profile and sent me a message referring to it, asking me questions, and telling me about himself. We had a lot in common straight away.

Don't just send out random winks, girls get lots of random winks or 'hey, hows it goin?' on those websites. It shows no effort, and makes me think the guy is winking at loads of girls, and not taking a particular interest in me, so not much temptation to reply.

Ive never done on line dating.. thought about it.. but i always meet my dates out and about...

I do have a few friends that have... basically he broke it down for me... 50% of the women was just for hookups.. and other 50% were pyschos...

so no luck so far for him... but i have heard of success...

wow...your friend sounds like a jerk.

online dating is what you make of it. if you're honest, and you really want to meet someone to date, you have a good chance of doing just that....if you're under 40. it has worked for a lot of folks!

wow...your friend sounds like a jerk.

online dating is what you make of it. if you're honest, and you really want to meet someone to date, you have a good chance of doing just that....if you're under 40. it has worked for a lot of folks!

Why do you say so????

The girls are who wanted to just hookup... he didnt go out looking for a botty call... but to date a respectable down to earth girl...

he was shocked that all they wanted to do was hookup...

and as far as being pysho.. they were...

for me... 50% of the women was just for hookups.. and other 50% were pyschos...

Alas, this has also been my experience as well. Lots of no response, and then if you do get a response it's one of the two listed above. I've found it's actually easier, funner and more effective to meet women in person. Less "surprises" that way too.

Archived