Loving w/o expecting Love back?

No_On3

(I dont know where to post this, but if Mod's know please transfer.)

I can't really Understand that statement? "Loving w/o expecting Love back?". It feels like really Impossible! What i think about it is like: Your trying your best to get that special person-you love him/her and what ever it takes... you will love him/her, but then they don't feel the same way you feel for them and yet you feel them treating you the same way you feel for them.

-or-

OR is it like him/her treating you like friends or such?... But your like deeply in love with him/her and you dont want to be JUST friends.

Q: And if the output what you've expected... what will you do? -he/she is like "The ONE" for you?!

your wording is a little confusing. i think the term 'love without expecting love back' depends a little on subjective interpretation, so there might not be a 'right' or 'wrong' answer. i'd say it means to love someone for who they are, selflessly; without looking for your own gain in the relationship (physically, emotionally)

. to be able to love someone unconditionally, in a sense. if the want to leave, they can leave, you dont place the expectation upon them that they must always be by your side. you just love them/

There's a difference between giving yourself to the world with love, with humility and without expectation that others repay your kindness versus being a doormat for someone you're crazy about.

Once you target someone, you've got an instant agenda. That's not horrible, but recognize it for what it is. If you end up doing pretzels for that person in order to get their attention or their love, then that's kinda bastardizing a golden rule just to rationalize unbrilliant behavior.

You can't truly love anyone without self respect. One you have that, it's no skin off your back to demo love to others. But if you're motivated by a crush on someone to seek attention or manipulate, then that's not self-respect, so it's also not love. It's ego working an agenda--and it's the perfect way to set youself up for heartbreak.

Real love isn't hard.

If you want to get more specific with your situation, maybe we can be more helpful?

In your corner.

Archived