Im falling for my best friend:S

gnr_12345
5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – ...
5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – Spotting A True Friend

okayy...so there is this girl name sarah that i have known since grade 9. we used to hang out quite a bit back then, and for about a year we didnt really hang out out side of school that much. and about 2 years ago, during our first semester(high school) we were placed in the same math class and we really bonded and picked up on our friendship once again. Her and i are very different ppl. i am very academic, i see things in practical ways and if its not practical then it doesnt make sense to me. and sarah is the exact opposite, shes very down to earth, not so academic, and is one of those "live for the moment" type people. And as much as our personalities should conflict, for the past 2 years, she has been my best friend. I trust her more than anyone else and she trusts me. Theres nothing about me that i couldnt tell her. and i believe she feels the same way about me. in times of needs we are eachothers comfort. and i really really value our friendship...but then after about 4 years of being friends, i am completely falling for her...but at the same time i dont know if i want to act on these feelings because if we decide to date, i am afraid that it will wreck our friendship and things will never be the same. but at the same time, i cant have these feelings for her and continue to remain such good friends or i will have feelings for her for the rest of my life:s does any1 have any experiences with this kind of stuff? thanks!

basically you can;t ruin the friendship, even if you tell her you love her--

either she will feel the same way (in which you will be in a relationship with your friend which is as good as it gets)

or she will say she doesn;t feel the same way

but you wont lose her as a friend

she'll understand either way

I personally don't think it's possible to not feel attracted to a close friend in the long run, given that you don't have someone occupying your thoughts already and that you find them to be attractive.

Ask yourself - if you don't tell her about your feelings, would you regret it later on? do you want to be "just friends" with her? True - if you confess, things are never going to be the same. But it's not everyday that you experience this type of emotion.

I know my bf and i could've been great "just friends". But, i'm glad that he overcame his fears and told me how he felt about me, because i felt the same way too.

Ooh, that is always a tough situation. Well, when I had feelings for my friend, I told her. And as difficult as it might sounds, that's what I recommend you do to. Obviously you have these feelings, and you can't keep them locked inside. It just cannot be done, she'll find out somehow. So, you have to tell her. Will it make the friendship awkward? Maybe, but who knows. She might like you as well. You won't know though, until you take that step.

basically you can;t ruin the friendship, even if you tell her you love her--

either she will feel the same way (in which you will be in a relationship with your friend which is as good as it gets)

or she will say she doesn;t feel the same way

but you wont lose her as a friend

she'll understand either way

pfffft, what? what planet are you on? that is not the usual outcome and there is no guarantee. you either take the chance or you don't. if she doesn't feel the same way, the friendship more than likely will change if not diminish.

As your best friend, don't you think she deserves to know? I always wonder about this topic, it comes up often on ena. If she is that easy to scare away how could she possibly have your best interests at heart? I just don't get this one. If my best guy friend fell for me I'd be elated precisely because I chose him for a best friend for all the right reasons.

Archived