Forced to see her. HELP!

Bdk86

My ex and I broke up on really poor terms, and she got with a new man less than a week later. This was about 2 1/2 months ago and at the time I was living away from her. At the beginning of the year, I moved back to the place where we met and enrolled in some classes. It turns out she is in one of them.

I was feeling better and better each and every day, but now I feel like I've relapsed immensely. Actually, I was just feeling pain before and really did not miss her as much as I was overwhelmed with how things ended, but now I'm starting to feel that I want her back-even though I KNOW that is not an option. I feel like each day I'm making negative progress and I'm feeling on the verge of helpless again. I'm feeling like I want to write to her to tell her how I feel, but I don't know if thats the best idea.

If it's at all possible to take the same class on a different schedule, I'd opt for that. Otherwise, I'd poker-face it. I'd say hello if I pass her, but I'd make sure I passed her without another word. I'd appear friendly and quietly relaxed with everyone, including her--but I wouldn't take any bait for conversation. Period.

In your corner.

Drop the class or get over her quick.

List all the things you don't like about her. Write them down. "She's dumb." "She's eats with her mouth open." "She's a mean drunk." Whatever. It'll humanize her again in your mind.

List all the qualities you want in a mate.. compassion, intelligence, nice hands, whatever. Keep those things in the forefront of your mind.

Be civil, if you can't drop the class. Don't ignore her, but don't be friendly, either. It'll make her think you don't care and, hopefully, soon enough you won't.

Archived