If you realize you are a really bad person what do you do?

relm

Get a book or a therapist who can guide you into Cognitive Behavorial Therapy. link removed

I don't know what bad is per say. There have been many evil men in this world who were bad men, but never would have that kinda thought cross their minds.

If there are things you would like to change about yourself, it would take you writing down thoughts into a book, gauge how true and how bad things are, and then catching the bad thoughts before they turn into actions.

If you think you are a "bad person" you can't just move on or accept it. That's just not healthy, you need to figure out why you think you are a bad person, and if you make bad decisions, try to change your thinking patterns.

Even if you're typing from jail right now, or typing from some African jungle after a full day of capturing children to be in your rebel army, I think you can still pinpoint and correct actions and thoughts you dislike.

are you just being melodramatic or do you genuinely believe you're bad? if you do, is it because of overwhelm of guilt, unrealistic expectation of being "good" or do you indulge in things that are extremely hurtful to other people?

what is it that make you think you're a "bad person", exactly?

You could start by making a list of reasonable, good things you can begin doing & making a list of "bad" things that you can stop. Baby steps! The keyword is reasonable; anything too dramatic & you might just decide it's too hard & give up. If they are "bad" things that you can't help but doing, maybe it is something to talk to a counselor about. Another way to help you change your ways is to tell those close to you what you've been thinking & how you are going to try to improve yourself. That will really encourage you to stick with it.

Any suggestions about coming to terms with being a really bad person? How does one move on or just accept themselves or fix their problems?

Depends on your situation. You can't expect to be treated badly and still be a very good person. I see nothing strictly wrong with being bad. So long as you are not indiscriminately hurting people.

Here is my issue because I don't understand why I feel this way, maybe someone can explain it further to me. My issue is that feel contempt towards my elderly mother and I feel guilty about feeling that way. I have lost my father and my mother is pretty much all i have but inside of me, I know she wont be around much longer and I cant justify the intensity of my inner rage towards her - it makes me feel terrible to feel this way but it is how I keep feeling. I know thats evil.

maybe you are feeling this way towards her because you are affrayed of loosing her. You are angry that your father has left you (is dead) and you are angry at the fact that you could also loose your mother sometime soon also. So in short your anger towards her could be your anger at the fear of being alone without them. Anger and fear can often be close.

Your feelings are only partly within your control and partly arise up without your volition. That aspect of your feelings over which you have no control is neither moral nor immoral but is only a temptation. And it is not proper to feel guilt over this. Assuming that you begin cultivating greater love for your mother, it is highly unlikely that your old feelings will simply shut themselves off. But that doesn't mean they won't be replaced.

I don't know why you feel contempt. Maybe you expect her to be what she is not, and are trying to love — not her but your prescription for her.

You have taken the first step towards healing. If you really want to be rid of your resentment towards her then you can get over it if you do one simple thing. Spend two minutes a day thinking and wishing only for her health and happiness, the same health and happiness you wish for yourself. It works like magic.

The most obvious answer would be to embrace being bad, since bad people in general will rule the world. A career in sales and marketing is definitely a good way to let the bad in you also put bread on the table.

A less obvious answer is isolating yourself from the world in quiet meditation and start to do good deeds in secret. That way, you will know you are doing them not for recognition, but for the deed's own value.

The most obvious answer would be to embrace being bad, since bad people in general will rule the world. A career in sales and marketing is definitely a good way to let the bad in you also put bread on the table.

Yep, that's exactly what folks in the sales and marketing are looking for: someone who has difficulty with feelings of contempt for his mother.

Yep, that's exactly what folks in the sales and marketing are looking for: someone who has difficulty with feelings of contempt for his mother.

I think sales is usually full of people who are not very smart but are still ambitious. Not necessarily bad.

There is nothing wrong with being a bad person so long as you follow the laws of society and do not try to hurt other people.

5 Ways To Become More Self-Accepting
5 Ways To Become More Self-Accepting

Archived