How important are looks to you???honest!!!

Sweet Venus

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No first date if I'm not feeling that physical attraction..... I'll add to that, though. If it's someone I've known for a while that I've grown to really like, the attractiveness level takes a bit of a dip because I've established a bond. But they'll still be within a certain range of my tastes.

No first date if I'm not feeling that physical attraction..... I'll add to that, though. If it's someone I've known for a while that I've grown to really like, the attractiveness level takes a bit of a dip because I've established a bond. But they'll still be within a certain range of my tastes.

second on that!

Looks are important because sexual chemistry is important. A healthy sexual relationship is a big part of any long term relationship.

However I find after the initial attraction often my partner becomes more attractive in my eyes the more I get to know them.

Couldn't of said it better.

The older I get, the less important looks become. Loyalty, honesty, good personality, accepting me for who I am...very attractive and has replaced physical attraction...or made a physical attraction that wasn't there.

The older I get, the less important looks become. Loyalty, honesty, good personality, accepting me for who I am...very attractive and has replaced physical attraction...or made a physical attraction that wasn't there.

Exactly.

There are alot of things that can be attributed to attractiveness, it doesn't need to be purely physical in nature. And when the other things are there, a different type of attraction does develop.

But everyone is different.

Very important. I know we're all told not judge a book by its cover, but c'mon... we all know we do it.

I wouldn't date someone I wasn't at least a little bit attracted to.

When I first started dating my bf I thought he was pretty cute, but now when I look at him I'm stunned at how incredibly sexy and good looking he is. He looks pretty much the same as when we started dating, so I guess the fact that I love him and can "see" his personality is what makes him so attractive to me lol

Very important. The older I get the more I realize how important a potential mate's looks are to me. While I think it's important to find someone of a strong personality and character, looks seem to be a more crucial determining factor in my attraction to others. Maybe I will revert back to my original thinking later in life. I just happened to have briefly dated someone who I found AMAZING looking, and now everyone else looks so ordinary in comparison. Shallow, but true.

I'm probably the only person who honestly don't care unless they're UGGGLY... like unworkable ugly. of course i prefer some one who is good looking, but it's not the selling point for me or even at all.

personality is where it really matters with me. what can looks do for you? not much. sexual attraction has so little to do physical looks attraction..

On the one hand, I can't date someone who is ugly. But between an average-looking girl and a gorgeous girl...

I can't even say I want a girl with a "great personality." Personality cannot be measured objectively. With some people, you just click.

Amongst my friends, we all agree - we never fell for extraodinarily-beautiful girls. Instead, we fell for average-looking girls.

And sometimes, you like a girl. But for some reason, all your friends hate her. You need a minimum of looks, but beyond that, everything is subjective

I have learnt and accepted that Dating and Romantic Relationships are based upon looks and physical attraction. I used to be naive thinking that other components like personality, character, sense of humor etc play a role but now I know better.

I have learnt and accepted that Dating and Romantic Relationships are based upon looks and physical attraction. I used to be naive thinking that other components like personality, character, sense of humor etc play a role but now I know better.

Personality, character, etc are important, no doubt, but it won't matter if you're f'ugly. But if you are in the average range, you'll be fine. Most guys are in the average range.

I can always see something physically pretty in the majority of girls (I mean, seriously. All girls can have something pretty unless there's something seriously wrong with their face or something. Body-wise, I "prefer" curvy, but I've been attracted to "average" and "athletic" girls before). I mean, I know everybody has their preferences, I like to think I've got an open mind when it comes to sheer physical appearance. I do have some preference (like I said, curvy girls), but I dunno how to explain it... I can always see beauty, even where most people don't. It's the same with the music I listen to, and the way I and other people dress.

What matters to me is that she's got a good personality and integrity. I've yet to find one with both attributes. If she's easy to talk to it's definitively a great start (not one of those girls you have to struggle to keep a conversation going on with).

Looks are probably the most important thing to me right off the bat because I'm a selfish p****, lol. But seriously, why would anyone date someone who they weren't hot for? Basically, I prefer to be seen with girls who my friends and family call "pretty" or "beautiful" or "gorgeous" or that type of thing. If I wouldn't want to kiss them or have sex with them why would I want to date them?

I also like athletic girls with toned bodies who either play sports or could play sports.

I'm aware that my standards are really high, but that's just the way I am.

Archived