What is a normal eating pattern?

Common Eating - Ferial Eating
Common Eating - Ferial Eating

what is normal?

is it three balanced meals a day with maybe an apple for a snack? Is eating healthily everyday normal?

Is it eating relatively unheathily and snacking when you feel like it? Is it normal to have inconsistancy where you eat healthily and then badly?

what is a normal habit for most people?

what are normal eating habits?

I have forgotten what normal eating habits are to me because I have crash dieted, skiped meals, eaten too much or not eaten at all to the extent that I've kinda forgotten what they are. I mean obviously I can make myself to eat three balanced meals a day and an apple for a snack but i'm not sure that was ever normal for me.

Consuming at least 1500-2000 kcals a day. Protein, potassium, nutrients, vitamins, fats, carbs, these all need to be consumed in a moderated manner.

Some have 6 small meals a day to keep their metabolism going.

Some have 3 meals, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with some snacks, fruit is the more healthy choice, but occasional chocolate is allowed, just don't overdo it.

It is best to have breakfast everyday. It's the most important meal of the day. It is called breakfast, because it is breaking the fast you have had from the previous night. A good, nutrient filled one. Followed by some sort of snack, an apple maybe, like you said, roughly 2 hours or so after, like we do at school, 'break time'. Lunch is to keep you going throughout the day, so something filling, ideas could be; pasta, jacket potato, perhaps a sandwhich with a snack to go with it? Then you can have another little snack if you get peckish during the afternoon, maybe one of those healthy bars, or a banana, a little salad? Don't eat too much though. Dinner, well, a lot of various options for dinner.

Anyway, I'm rambling, I hope you find a good eating pattern. Just make sure you are getting enough calories a day, and you are getting them from the right sort of foods.

Check with a nutritionist to determine what's best for you. I eat 2200-2500 calories a day, eat 5 meals a day, drink 100 oz or more of water, do not eat salt / wheat / processed foods, no caffeine, little to no alcohol etc etc. To me that is normal. Everyone else on here will say something different.

If you want to create a baseline, honestly, start with a nutritionist. Could be the best advice you ever get

Kcal = calories.

Kcal = kilo calories. Each kcal = 1000 calories.

EDIT: Wikipedia says we're both right:

The small calorie, gram calorie, or calorie (symbol: cal) is the amount of heat (energy) required to raise the temperature of one gram of water by 1 °C.

The large calorie, kilogram calorie, kilocalorie (symbol: kcal), or Calorie (capital C) is the amount of heat (energy) needed to increase the temperature of one kg of water by 1 °C, exactly 1000 small calories, or about 4.184 kJ.

Which leads back to my original conclusion of metric is better

Same Thing? What's the big deal?

Technically, theres a difference. I'd never seen a food calorie referred to as a kcal before (what can I say, I'm used to metric). But I knew a kcal was 1000 times more than a calorie (whoever decided to use the same name for two separate units should have been fired).

Well, not everyone goes by your preference.

I go by Kcal because it means CALORIES.

God, what's the big deal!?

It was a big deal because I assumed calories were measured in the smaller units listed (since those are what are referred to as calories anywhere outside of food), and not kcals, which are somehow also referred to as calories. It would've been like giving someone 10 grams of morphine, instead of 10 mg (of course, its not, since somehow the units have the same name....).

And not everyone goes by my preference, but it'd make the world work a lot better if they did

By the way, we're really off topic...

You're so far up yourself it's so pathetic.

Not everyone will go by your preferance.

And I've seen calories been called Kcal on food nutriential info. I spend everyday counting how many kcals I have, I think I know what KCAL means. Kcal. Is. The. Same. As. Calories.

It says *so and so* kcal on the package info of a food item in this house. I could post a pic if you like!

I'm so far up myself because I recognize that metric is a better, simpler system of measurement, that the U.S. is one of three countries that doesn't use it, and that interconversion between the two has caused many problems in the past?

And I honestly don't see why you refuse to read the part where I already admitted I was wrong and explained my misconception....

No you're so far up yourself because of you saying "And not everyone goes by my preference, but it'd make the world work a lot better if they did"

Stuck up much?

I go by Kcal, or calories. Preferably kcal because that is what is read on my food labels for how many kcal are in the food. Thanks and bye now.

I'm so far up myself because I recognize that metric is a better, simpler system of measurement, that the U.S. is one of three countries that doesn't use it, and that interconversion between the two has caused many problems in the past?

It's simpler to you and better to you so you expect everyone to use it just because you want them to?

It only causes problems when you don't know what you are doing to convert it. (Which btw is taught in school quite early on..)

So does people miscalculating or diving things wrong or even goes along with so many other things.. doesn't mean people should just not use it because someone messes up with it.

Well, as an engineer, units of measure are critical and cause a lot of problems when business folks issue incorrect requirements because they don't know the difference.... obviously there's labelling confusion because of this fact, so somewhere in the world someone is figuring out a common solution. Let's just stick to "calories" on ENA - most people get the general idea that way

Well, as an engineer, units of measure are critical and cause a lot of problems when business folks issue incorrect requirements because they don't know the difference.... obviously there's labelling confusion because of this fact, so somewhere in the world someone is figuring out a common solution. Let's just stick to "calories" on ENA - most people get the general idea that way

Why don't we just stick to what people use and know in their every day life?

It isn't like she is using some off the wall system that noone knows. It's a message board where people come from ALL over so are going to be using different systems, noones life is really depending on it being a problem if someone doesn't understand. It isn't THAT hard to convert measurements. Like I said earlier, this is stuff you should have learned early on in life. It isn't that difficult.

The poster who made a big deal about it just likes things his way, this isn't the first post where he has said something about it being his way. That is why it's annoying me so much.

Ok, I'd just like to clarify something. I made a big deal about it because her use of kcal instead of calories honestly confused me. I'm used to 1 kcal being 1000 calories, for energy calculations. As I showed in a quote earlier, there are two different units of measure referred to as "calorie", one being the one which I was thinking of, and one being the one used to measure food energy.

The way I was interpreting the post was that sarey was suggesting 1000 times the recommended daily intake. Obviously, thats based on my incorrect interpretation of the units. I've already admitted to being wrong here, but I'll do it again. I was wrong. I'm sorry for causing trouble by being wrong. But hopefully you can understand why I was wrong, and what I was trying to do with my attempted correction.

Archived