College advice

coldplay.

Ok, i was under an in ornate amount of stress at the end of the last semester, i urgently needed to get a job, and be moved out of my apartment within a week.

As a result of this, i was unable to complete my final for a particular class. The entire year i received B's on my grades and expected a B as my final grade.

The teacher had said on several occasions that if the final could not be done on time he would give you an incomplete until it was done, which is good.

I assumed i would receive this incomplete, i check today and i got a C+ in the class. I am confused by this.

The final was worth ALOT and id just simply is not done, but even with the final done the best i would have got in the class is a B, which is very close to a C+ if you didnt know.

Now im good for the work, its just that i really didnt have the mind to do it at the time and im faced with a small ethical dilemma that id like some advice on.

Do I accept the grade and be happy? Doing this final will take me an entire week like literally 72 hours of work, for possibly getting a marginal grade that really wont change anything.

Or do i do it for the peace of mind ill receive, and for the fact that having this professors respect (if not just 'approval') is kind of high on my agenda. With the possible bonus of actually really benefiting my grade as the final really DID count alot, and i might have had a much better grade than i originally assumed.

i would ask the teacher if it bothers you that much. but once logged into the college system, it stays if it's posted.

I talked to my adviser about this aswell, he said that a change of grade is absolutely doable.

Another weird part of the equation, the teachers is an international human rights authority, and has been going to and from India after that mumbai incident for some time, and will remain there this entire semester.

I might be able to catch him at some point before he departs.

I talked to my adviser about this aswell, he said that a change of grade is absolutely doable.

Another weird part of the equation, the teachers is an international human rights authority, and has been going to and from India after that mumbai incident for some time, and will remain there this entire semester.

I might be able to catch him at some point before he departs.

maybe he did this for everybody that missed it. but you definitely do NOT want an incomplete on your record.

Incompletes are ok as long as you actually finish the class per the requirements. I've had to do it when actual emergencies came up. The "I" went away and was never included in my transcript.

I personally would go for the B. I don't want a C anything on my transcript and in a GPA calculation the difference between 3.0 and 2.4 can sometimes make a difference (depending on the rest of your grades)

I dont actually have and incomplete, i have the C+, i just previously assumed id have the incomplete, which i know now that i do not, and i am worried about my GPA im done being lazy like i used to be.

Im gonna talk to him i think, because i dont want to do this and have him not accept it in the end!!!

Thanks for responding all.

Archived