Do women like hard working guys?

shy2cool
10 Working From Home Life Hacks 2021
10 Working From Home Life Hacks 2021

I currently work two jobs. I probably don't need the second job to survive well, but the extra cash is handy.

However, I think that it's putting a dent in my social life. I have to work Fridays and can't get it off. I'd love to have Friday nights open so that I could hang out with my workmates after work.

I'm torn between quitting my second job, and keeping it.

While it's not a deciding factor, I just wonder whether girls appreciate a guy that works hard, instead of doing other things in his leisure time.

i find strong work ethic very attractive in a man and also an essential value, it says you are motivated which is good and will pay off. On the other hand being a workaholic will make a woman possibly feel like she'll always come second. Are you doing the second job just for the money or is it helping you get experience in a field you wanna move to? Are you saving up for something specific?

Women are individuals - some prefer dating a man who works hard, others want a man who has a lot of leisure time (for example, women who are retired, wealthy and don't need to work, etc.). I have always dated men who work hard and have a very strong work ethic for the simple reason that I do too and it is something I value highly. But it depends what his job is - for example, I don't relate as well to working hard just to make a lot of money. Rather, I prefer he has passion for his work and career.

Having said that, I avoided dating men who devoted all their working time to writing a novel or something similarly creative (evne if they worked very hard at it) unless there was a high probability that it would result in income. While I admire struggling artists, I didn't want to - and couldn't afford to -- marry one. Friendship of course was fine.

I also don't relate as well - for relationship purposes - to a man who has a job but no interest in having a career (again, because that is something I value for myself).

All of these values/standards had to do with who I would date with potential for a serious relationship, not who I would be friends with.

If you're saving the extra income for the house, I think you're golden. A lot of women won't admit it, but they are looking to the guy for financial stability and support in any long term relationship. And yeah, you may be missing out on Friday night parties, but that doesn't mean you can't try to meet people at work.

What exactly is your second job? Is it in the service industry?

I currently work two jobs. I probably don't need the second job to survive well, but the extra cash is handy.

However, I think that it's putting a dent in my social life. I have to work Fridays and can't get it off. I'd love to have Friday nights open so that I could hang out with my workmates after work.

While it's not a deciding factor, I just wonder whether girls appreciate a guy that works hard, instead of doing other things in his leisure time.

I love a hard working guy. It's incredibly attractive, and hey... it won't hurt in the future when we won't need to struggle paying bills and making ends meet. Plus if you take girl on a date you won't have to worry about not affording it.

However, you did post a few thread I remember asking about becoming more social, etc.. If you still feel having a social life/developing one is important, I say change something so you can get Fridays off to hang with them. It seems like a good oppertunity.

I think it's admirable that you work so hard to build a future (save for a house). Of course, I'm not a woman, but either way...it shows you have the discipline, self reliance and wisdom to understand that the good things in life require hard work (like relationships!!!). That's gotta to carry some weight with the right woman!

There's a balance between "hard working" and "workaholic."

I like and respect the fact that my husband started working some overtime to bring in extra money when I got laid off earlier this year. I wouldn't be so thrilled about it if he was working 20-30 hours of overtime a week like some of his co-workers. He was also curious about why some people would choose to essentially work 2 full time jobs and asked one of his co-workers. The guy's reply was along the lines of his home life was crappy and he'd rather be at work making money than home being nagged.

Anyway, relationship development and maintenance take time. You need to take a step back and try to take an objective view of how much time you have and is it enough to build/maintain a healthy relationship. If it isn't, then you have to look at your priorities and decide if the way you're spending your time is in line with what your priorities are -- If your top priority is saving for a house, then keep your second job for now. If your top priority is getting into a relationship, then you may have to change how you're spending your time in order to make that happen.

Basicallly, I don't think you're going to find anyone who desires a partner who is lazy...but at the same time, I doubt you'll find anyone who wants a partner who never or rarely has time for them (because they're always working), either.

I agree, and don't feel like you need to change immediately. You have to roll with it as things happen. You may find a woman with the same working drive you have who is fine with your schedule and fall in love. Or you may meet someone who really wants more time with you...so...then you decide whether you want to adjust or not and what it will mean to the relationship if you do or don't.

In the end, you have to be who you are, but there's no doubt meeting the right person can change our priorities and take us in a whole new (and hopefully) exciting direction. Good luck.

I love a man who works hard but also works smart. He works hard to accomplish his objectives, and stays focused. If the second job and the extra money is there for a reason - it pays down debt, it's saving for a house, it's paying off the car, etc etc - than I think it's admirable.

Work life balance is good too. No intelligent woman would begrudge someone some time to enjoy life too. Is Friday the only night you can do stuff? Not Saturday?

I also don't relate as well - for relationship purposes - to a man who has a job but no interest in having a career (again, because that is something I value for myself).

I agree with Batya's comment (as a 'what does this woman think' response). I have a career and one of the things my BF and I fight about is that he could care less. A job is a job to him - he doesn't understand. Then again, he was like this about college as well. Major lifestyle conflict.

I love a man who works hard but also works smart. He works hard to accomplish his objectives, and stays focused. If the second job and the extra money is there for a reason - it pays down debt, it's saving for a house, it's paying off the car, etc etc - than I think it's admirable.

Work life balance is good too. No intelligent woman would begrudge someone some time to enjoy life too. Is Friday the only night you can do stuff? Not Saturday?

Well, I am in a bit of a social lull at the moment. I'm just really looking to hang out with people around my age. I'm probably not close enough yet to anyone at work to do anything besides some drinks after work.

I think it depends on the girl. Some of them are really needy, or just want alot of attention, and if you don't give it to them then there will be problems. But on the other hand there are many girls who can appreciate a hard-working man.

Well, I am in a bit of a social lull at the moment. I'm just really looking to hang out with people around my age. I'm probably not close enough yet to anyone at work to do anything besides some drinks after work.

why are you in a lull and why do you wait to make friends with coworkers? can you not venture out with anybody else?

Women will find it attractive that you are so resposible but then they will complain that you are never around.

This is true..lol

I get the 'its hot that you're so independent!'....'I love a woman that makes her own money!'

But eventually I hear "you never have time for me.....you're too busy.' and sometimes it doesn't work out b/c the guy is intimidated by the fact that I am so independent.

You can't win.

This is true..lol

I get the 'its hot that you're so independent!'....'I love a woman that makes her own money!'

But eventually I hear "you never have time for me.....you're too busy.' and sometimes it doesn't work out b/c the guy is intimidated by the fact that I am so independent.

You can't win.

Nope never a perfect balance and the worst is when they call u at work asking you to come home. I mean come on I am not at a bar I'm at the office.

Women will find it attractive that you are so resposible but then they will complain that you are never around.

That is so true. On one hand it's nice that they want you around, but if it's just constant complaining and/or keeping tabs on me, I would find it very annoying.

Archived