So angry and so stupid

liquer
What would you do? | Funny barber p...
What would you do? | Funny barber prank gone wrong #shorts

God, don't want to mention this, or how long ago it happened. But, I got inot a drunken brawl one evening as I was leaving and went into the car park to sort things out.

The guy I was going to fight said take jackets off first and mine went up over my head. I was taking that off and as I did so he socked me on the jaw and knocked me clean out.

Was so stupid not to be aware of that and came to later and thought I'd won the fight! Well not really, guess I'm just angry at myself for falling for that one and for getting into such situations.

I was once leaving a bar, drunk, and a woman trying to get into the bar started shoving me and telling me to get out of her way. I was shocked bc I've never been in that situation before, and my first instinct was to shove her back - but instead, I walked right past her and away from the bar. I could still hear her yelling at me as if she was trying to start something, and it just made me feel even better knowing that I was taking the high road. So just know that, even though winning a fight might make you feel good, walking away from a potential fight will always be better.

Once, when I was training, we had a guest Sensei. It was about 1.5 hours. For the first half hour, we just ran around in a circle. The next half hour, we worked on some technique. The last half hour, more running.

Afterwards, the guest Sensei took Q&A. One person asked why we spent a total of one hour running around in a circle.

His answer: A lot of people want to fight, but not many are willing to run for half an hour. Those who do should be so tired that the techniques I showed you will likely allow you to run for another half hour.

Once, when I was training, we had a guest Sensei. It was about 1.5 hours. For the first half hour, we just ran around in a circle. The next half hour, we worked on some technique. The last half hour, more running.

Afterwards, the guest Sensei took Q&A. One person asked why we spent a total of one hour running around in a circle.

His answer: A lot of people want to fight, but not many are willing to run for half an hour. Those who do should be so tired that the techniques I showed you will likely allow you to run for another half hour.

Your exactly right...some people like to take the easiest route, but where is the challenge?

Some people in my karate class hate sparring...I love it...they rather do katas...Personally, I love both, especially weapons! The exercises are the hardest, but you will be in great shape. The things we feel we are not good at or dislike the most are the things we should work on the most.

My Sensei says the best fight is no fight. Avoid it if possible, but if it comes your way, you had better be prepared to deal with it. I remember several years ago, one of our brown belts dropped his sai and when it hit the floor my Sensei said to him, "Your Dead". Not being aware, careless, or out of focus could cost you your life.

• 1 month later...

Archived