Update on What Do I Say When He Turns Me Down

kodak

So the guy who dumped me said he'd think about getting together when I invited him to meetup this past weekend. He had a few days to get back to me, but never did. This was after toying with me a little, asking me to give list off the reasons why... I said because I miss you and want to give you some of your things.

Anyway, so last night he texted me, bringing up a memory of a place we'd spent a really great time at, a time when we first really bonded, started falling for each other, etc. He asked no question, just made a statement.

I haven't answered.

What's up with that? What's he trying to do?

It sounds like he's not interested in rekindling the relationship, but that he's having fun messing with you to keep you on the hook. I haven't read your posts, but he sounds kind of mean. To ignore you and then 'tease' you with a little reminder of your good times...? Very cat and mouse.

No, CAgirl, I don't really need to see him. I wanted to and was worried about his job situation, since he lost it but has not yet told me about losing it.

Keenan and Blueafterglow, I do think he's toying with me, sadly.

Heartgoeson, I know I shouldn't have asked to meetup, I was willing to take the risk though and lived through his silent rejection. It fed his ego, I'm sure. As did his asking me to list off reasons why I wanted to see him...

I think he was probably a little surprised I didn't call him over the weekend to check on our possible meetup or to ask why he never contacted me.

Archived