Endomitriosis

Araziel

So I recently found out that I probably have endometriosis. The doctor seems pretty convinced I have it, especially since my aunt has it and he said on the inside I curve downward, which puts me at a higher risk. I'd written several other posts about having extreme pain while having sex and a load of other problems. It's nice to finally know what could be the cause, but I'm a little nervous about the surgery!

I'm currently in college right now, and I have classes everyday. The doctor said I'd need at least 3-4 days to recover. I really want the surgery now because my periods have gotten even more painful and sex is almost impossible, but he said I could wait until the summer. So I guess my question is...is the surgery really so painful? Does it help? I'd also really like to know anyone's experience with it.

I might be very, very off here, but my friend who has it gets...Vicodin and bc to help...of course, she has no insurance, which may be why she's doing that route (putting off the inevitable)...I'll ask her. And get back over here.

I'm curious as to what anyone else has to put in.

Archived