When is does the Rebounding end?

saintxio
Why Men Come Back - ALWAYS
Why Men Come Back - ALWAYS

I got out with a 2 year relationship late november. It definitely stuck with me accross december and I've worked on getting over that relationship. I met a guy at a Christmas party and slept with him. I guess I slept with him with the intent of a one night stand to tell myself to move on from my last relationship. But.. I've seen him again.. new years eve and this weekend. He's very nice and cuddly... but I get confused after going on through this. I don't want to make rebound relationships.. and I don't know if I should go ahead and ask this guy out properly or just pull out of it all together.

I don't know what to do. It's been almost 2 months now since I've dropped my previous relationship but I can't decide if I should give this new person a try or just give myself more time to heal.

my friend, what you need isn't a man or a relationship. You need you in an adorned way you have not cherished or perhaps forgotten. If you truly believe that you and the new "fling" can somehow change the carpet you two are standing on to something completely innocent and functional, sure. But if you are asking for validation, you know you came to the wrong store.

Well , this is my first post to this site ... and before i start, i just want to say thank you : to the site for being here , to the people who post, who have been through the feelings i am now going through and reading your stories and advice has helped me so much more than you'll ever know ...

i too am out of a relationship for only a couple of months ... and while i would love to have someone there for my rebound to go smoother , as the rebound guy i know it will only complicate matters and make things worse in the long run. on the other hand i think your lucky in a way .. i dread the thought that hers will be my last kiss , my last love making , for god only knows how long. i too wish for a one nighter , only so that she's not the last one.

but think through what your doing .. we know rebound relationships only end in pain .. so don't do that to him. he might really care for you at some point, and when your feeling good about yourself again, you will move on ... and possibly hurt him, and yourself for hurting another .... hmmm, does that make any sense ?

be good to yourself darlin' .. take care of yourself and everything around you will rise up with you ...

I'm confused about they way we talk about rebound relationships, too. Even if you are just a month, two months, three months, whatever, out of your old relationship, you decide to date. What if there is someone who interests you? If you think of it as a "rebound" relationship and end it before someone gets hurt, how do you know it couldn't have worked out really well? That maybe you lost an opportunity to be with a great person because you were scared it was a rebound.

I'm in the same situation. I'm out my long-term relationship for only three months. I took the plunge and went out on some dates. One of them I really liked. I haven't slept with him, and probably won't for a while! I'd like to spend more time with him, though. I'm even thinking of him as someone who has potential for a relationship. Is he a rebound relationship for me? I guess these posts about rebounds have scared me because I don't want to hurt anyone or me (no way) but I also want to be with this great guy. How do I know that this isn't right? I feel ready. Is that the key? That when you feel comfortable dating and meet someone, it's okay to move forward without worrying its a rebound relationship?

I guess maybe since my relationship was so long--I haven't really experienced the "rebound" relationship.

Well , this is my first post to this site ... and before i start, i just want to say thank you : to the site for being here , to the people who post, who have been through the feelings i am now going through and reading your stories and advice has helped me so much more than you'll ever know ...

You sir, are most welcome!

I don't know what to do. It's been almost 2 months now since I've dropped my previous relationship but I can't decide if I should give this new person a try or just give myself more time to heal.

I had a rebound for a long 2 year relationship with a girl called Kristy, never got anywhere... I realised after I got over the whole thing how strange it was. It turned out not only was she a lesbian, but she was the oddest, most bizarre person I'd ever come accross.

hah! I'd say take a step back.

Is he kind? Do you share interests? Are you considerably compatible?

Things like that!

Even if it's a fallback or not. It's human nature and "fallback" is just a title. There is no reason I can see why it might not bloom into a really nice relationship

Just my honest opinion! There are more experienced people here, but thought i'd add my penny's worth of advice

Good luck Xio ^_^

I'm in the same situation. I'm out my long-term relationship for only three months. I took the plunge and went out on some dates. One of them I really liked. I haven't slept with him, and probably won't for a while! I'd like to spend more time with him, though. I'm even thinking of him as someone who has potential for a relationship. Is he a rebound relationship for me? I guess these posts about rebounds have scared me because I don't want to hurt anyone or me (no way) but I also want to be with this great guy. How do I know that this isn't right? I feel ready. Is that the key? That when you feel comfortable dating and meet someone, it's okay to move forward without worrying its a rebound relationship?

Read above

Have you been having sex with him each time you see him? You had sex with him just to get over your ex..that is not a great beginning. It sounds to me like this relationship would be forced simply because he is available and makes you feel physically warm now that you have nobody else to make you feel warm. In other words, you are fresh out of a relationship and feeling empty..this guy takes away the emptiness...since you already had sex with him you figure "hey, why not see if a relationship can develop". In other words, yes, this is a rebound..the sex was a rebound and trying to get into a relationship with him would be rebound...you just grabbed the next man that came along that was willing to oblige in the sex department. That's called rebound.

Archived