Rejecting him while maintaing the friendship?

forever1130
5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – ...
5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – Spotting A True Friend

Ok so here goes nothing, I'll try to make it short...

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for over a year. We work both work together along with several other kids from my school. One of the guys I've worked with, I have known for about 6 years and just recently he has made it quite clear that he is interested in me. But I can't just come right out and say "no I already have a boyfriend" cause my bf is my boss (we started dating when we were just coworkers then he got promoted lol) and we both agreed that it was best not to make our relationship known at work. I've told this other guy numerous times that I ONLY like him as a friend, nothing more.

So any ideas on how to make him realize there will NEVER be anything between us without hurting our friendship??

Can't you just tell him you have a boyfriend? Why isn't that an option?

Well since my boyfriend is my boss we both thought it would be better if the other people at work didn't know we were dating. Also my boyfriend is 5 years older than me and it would just be really awkward at work if everyone knew we were together lol

Hi, forever I live in vegas too nice too see I'm not the only one on this board. Here's my answer.

1. You don't owe this guy any explanations. If he asks you who you're boyfriend is, just tell him you don't feel comfortable talking about your personal life.

2. Tell him, "I enjoy your friendship, but I am not interested in dating you." Make it CRYSTAL CLEAR. Do not dilly dally around with your words to avoid hurting his feelings. Be blunt so there is no question.

3. Understand that he might let go of your friendship, after you reject him. Accept this, and do not pressure him anyways. He needs to put his needs first, just as you need to put yours first.

Archived