Liftin'

anonimo

Alright..Im bored with my weight routine. I actually can't even call it that...

I do it for about 45 minutes, but I work the same area for 45 minutes (biceps) is that overkill? I'm thinking I probably need to try and hit different areas (obviously), but I heard that you should focus on one area one day somethin' else the next, so on and so forth.

I only have one set of barbells right now that weigh about 18-20lbs...

So i'm not workin' with much...

alrighty then lemme know.....

It's always good to rotate your routine and target different muscle groups each day. Aside from strengthening different parts of your body, you're also giving your muscles a rest while you work on another area of your body.

Plus, you won't be as bored!

Alright..Im bored with my weight routine. I actually can't even call it that...

I do it for about 45 minutes, but I work the same area for 45 minutes (biceps) is that overkill? I'm thinking I probably need to try and hit different areas (obviously), but I heard that you should focus on one area one day somethin' else the next, so on and so forth.

I only have one set of barbells right now that weigh about 18-20lbs...

So i'm not workin' with much...

alrighty then lemme know.....

45 minutes on one area? That is also running the risk of overuse injury, IMO.

FWIW My trainer always emphasizes a well balanced workout when his clients are doing resistance and weight work. He likes us to hit the whole body. He suggests shaking up how we work the different areas each day (one day it's targeted resistance for each muscle group, the next day it's more of a system level workout with multiple groups working together, etc)

Well, 45 minutes just one muscle group, especially one as small as the bicep is not a good idea. Especially if you want to gain some size I strongly suggest changing your routine. I'd suggest one that instead of doing isolation exercises (like the bicep curls), does compound exercises that employ larger muscle groups, like the deadlift, barbell squat, bench press and military press. Once you've put on a good amount of mass as a base you should do some isolation exercises to strengthen those muscles that don't get worked a enough and you want to sculpt. Believe me, you'll never gain size by just doing bicep curls.

Here's a great beginner's weight routine:

link removed

Hope that helped some. Good luck!

Pilates Bar Upper Body Workout
Pilates Bar Upper Body Workout

Archived