A Sophomore and a Junior

Retribution

Hey everyone, I'm Retribution.

Anyways, this is my first post on eNotAlone forums, and since this looks like one of the most active networks for relationship questions, I'd like to see if anyone could answer some of my questions. Onto my dilemma.

Basically, I'm really into this girl that's a junior, but I'm a sophomore. And to top it all off, I'm young for my grade, and she's older for hers (I'm 15 she's 17). We have Drama I the same period, so I'm in one class with her. So what's the problem you ask? I can't really bring myself to... approach her. Even to start a conversation, small talk or anything. Any tips?

Next thing. If she agrees to go out to the movies or dance with me, how do I pick her up? I'm only 15, and a year till I get my license. She, on the other hand, probably has a car... and I think it would be the most awkward thing ever if she were to pick me up, or worse, having someone else do it. What do you think I should do about that?

Back to the relationship problem. When one person likes another person, they try to talk to the other person, give signals, ect. to express that they like the other person, right? Well, I haven't really talked to her yet, in fear that I'd @#$% it up. Basically I don't think she'd want a relationship with me even if she got to know me better. She hasn't given me any signals either, does that mean she's not interested? What should I do about it?

And just some more issues that can be summed up in a few words.

Junior Prom? Senior Ball? When she moves off to college? I'm athiest she's Christian?

Despite the age and race (I'm not white) difference and all, I really like her, and I'd really like to get to know her better and MAYBE IF IM LUCKY get a date or something... I'm just not so sure if all these issues will cause serious problems or not...

Just to tell everyone, I think I'm HORRIBLE at writing, and everything I typed above is probably as unorganized and chaotic as my feelings for her are. So if you don't understand something or need more details on this, PLEASE ask. After all, I'll be watching this thread intently while writing my late drama evaluations and WoW is patching on my new laptop. And if you've read all this, I'd really appreciate ANY help and advice you have to offer on my dilemma. Thanks in advance.

You gotta find a cheaper game to play than WoW (I had to start with it since you did)

I'm gonna try to translate junior/sophmore into Canadian (we don't use those terms here), so correct me if I'm wrong, but you're 2nd year high school, and she's third year? I'm gonna post based on that assumption.

You're thinking WAY too far ahead, my friend. You've barely talked to her, and yet, you're worried about her going off to college a few years from now, whether the fact that you're an atheist would bother her, etc. Breathe. Relax. Stop worrying so much.

As for approaching her, ask her something about an assignment in class, or see if you can't get into her group for something. I really loved drama class in high school, even though I had a really #*@&^y teacher (don't start me on that ). Why? Because you could always goof around with the group work, have a great time of it, laugh your ass off, and, through all that, you're not gonna get yelled at for not doing your work, because you ARE doing your work. So try and get into her group for something, be yourself, and most of all, HAVE FUN. If you're relaxed and having a good time, she'll be more into you. Just start conversations and get to know her.

Don't worry about your religious/racial differences. They shouldn't bother her. And if they do, she's not worth your time, and you'll find a better girl. And don't worry too much about the future. College/prom (boooorrrrrriinnnnngggg) are still a long ways away. You're not even dating this girl yet, so don't worry about those things.

Yes for your age this is a gap, however it is workable. But one MAJOR thing for me... Unequally yoked. She may find a problem with that as well. If you do work up the courage to pursue a relationship with her, find out if this is an issue for her. In my opinion, being a Christian, it should be an issue for her, so I wish you the best of luck.

But... it's fun

You're correct, I'm second year, she's third.

You're thinking WAY too far ahead, my friend... Stop worrying so much.

Good point

I'll work up the courage to talk to her tomorrow! A slight problem. Drama class is taught in a theatre, half of the chairs on one side of the class, half on the other. Ever since the beginning, my friends and I sit on one side, her's sit on the other. How do I cross over without making it REALLY obvious?

Yes for your age this is a gap, however it is workable. But one MAJOR thing for me... Unequally yoked.

I used to be Christian, and I think it means that you're not supposed to have romantic relationships with unbelievers, right? Yeah, that could be a problem...

By the way, do you know how Seventh Day Adventists view that situation?

But... it's fun

There are plenty of games just like it that are free

I'll work up the courage to talk to her tomorrow! A slight problem. Drama class is taught in a theatre, half of the chairs on one side of the class, half on the other. Ever since the beginning, my friends and I sit on one side, her's sit on the other. How do I cross over without making it REALLY obvious?

How many people in your group of friends, and do you meet up with them in class, or before you get there? If its not too many, and you meet up before, just go through the doors closer to her side, and sit down. Say something like "I'm feeling lazy, lets just sit here today." It sounds lame, and like a poor excuse, but I know my friends would buy it from me.

I used to be Christian, and I think it means that you're not supposed to have romantic relationships with unbelievers, right? Yeah, that could be a problem...

By the way, do you know how Seventh Day Adventists view that situation?

Is she extremely religious, following the Bible to the letter, or is she like the majority of Christians, who believe in God, but are ok with pre-marital sex, birth control, etc?

There are plenty of games just like it that are free

The thing is, most of them are either underpopulated (private servers), lame (Runescape), or cash shop feature (basically every free MMO out there). I don't like the idea that someone rich can come in and achieve everything I have with like 1000 bucks

How many people in your group of friends, and do you meet up with them in class, or before you get there? If its not too many, and you meet up before, just go through the doors closer to her side, and sit down. Say something like "I'm feeling lazy, lets just sit here today." It sounds lame, and like a poor excuse, but I know my friends would buy it from me.

About 5, really nerdy, and fobby, and freshmen. I hate how no one I know has drama Anyways, I meet up with them in class, their usually already sitting there.

Is she extremely religious, following the Bible to the letter, or is she like the majority of Christians, who believe in God, but are ok with pre-marital sex, birth control, etc?

I can't tell... I haven't gotten to know her very well yet. She's not awfully active on Facebook either, which means no easy conversations... (it took her like a month to accept my friend request!) Does Seventh-Day Adventist tell you anything though?

The thing is, most of them are either underpopulated (private servers), lame (Runescape), or cash shop feature (basically every free MMO out there). I don't like the idea that someone rich can come in and achieve everything I have with like 1000 bucks

Ah, alright. The cash shop never bothered me as much as actually paying for games

About 5, really nerdy, and fobby, and freshmen. I hate how no one I know has drama Anyways, I meet up with them in class, their usually already sitting there.

How would you feel about not sitting with them for a class or two? You might have to if you're gonna get into a group with her.

I can't tell... I haven't gotten to know her very well yet. She's not awfully active on Facebook either, which means no easy conversations... (it took her like a month to accept my friend request!) Does Seventh-Day Adventist tell you anything though?

Facebook doesn't mean that much to some people. I don't even have Facebook. Got an IM for her?

And I'm none too good with all the different religious groups that pretty much believe the same things, sorry

btw, do you want my IM or anything? I think I'd save us alot of time.

IMing wouldn't really work so well for me at the moment. I'm multitasking between going downstairs to talk to people, watching Scrubs, and posting here.

How would you feel about not sitting with them for a class or two? You might have to if you're gonna get into a group with her.

I'm completely fine with not sitting with them, but... who do I sit with? It's kinda creepy if one guy goes over to your side of the room and starts talking to you.

And plus, 2 people she talks with includes a girl i used to like and a girl that I kinda... rejected. That makes it really awkward...

I'm completely fine with not sitting with them, but... who do I sit with? It's kinda creepy if one guy goes over to your side of the room and starts talking to you.

Honestly, I wouldn't find it creepy. Then again, I guess things are a little different in university, but that exact thing is how I met the friend that I spend the most time with this year (just sat beside each other and started talking).

And plus, 2 people she talks with includes a girl i used to like and a girl that I kinda... rejected. That makes it really awkward...

THAT could make it a bit more awkward. Any chance you're still friends with those girls? Probably not, otherwise, it wouldn't matter too much...

OH @#$%.

Isn't the inauguration TOMORROW?!

Wouldn't know. Canadian, and not too into politics, lol.

It's cause her 3rd period class is next to mine, and since my teacher's going to the inauguration, we're watching it in their classroom. Perfect opportunity for me to talk to her

Unless she's REALLY in to politics. But yeah, that whole thing would be fairly boring, I'd assume. So a great opportunity

Highschool is a lot different than college or the working world. You see this girl everyday for an hour in class, just try to sit next to her or chat with her when you can. Dont put all this pressure on yourself to ask her out right away, you are making it harder than it is. Give yourself the time to get familiar with each other. I used to be overly conscious about the not having a car thing but later found out the girls usually didnt care about that if they had their own car.

After you know her a bit more it will not be as hard or awkward to ask her out.

If you sit next to her before or during the inauguration, starting with "Hey, how are you?" or "What do you think of Obama?" or something along the lines of that should get some good conversation flowing. If I were you I would watch the inauguration and talk to her some other time though. The inauguration is way more incredible than making fluff talk with some girl haha, but to each his own.

How's your drama class set up? I remember mine being set up so that you could basically interact with anyone one on one during project work time, which was a lot of the time. I also remember my drama teacher didn't like me much (I had a four page monologue based off Green Eggs and Ham, if that tells you why). See if you can get some one on one time on a project or something like that with her?

• 6 months later...

Necro'd!

I haven't been here since I lost the URL for this site, but I've got a long story to tell you guys. I'll try to make it short...

So with the school year ending and with alot of support from you guys and friends, I finally managed to gather enough courage to ask her out to go with me to get some milk tea. The tense, apprehensive fear of being rejected melted away when she happily agreed to go with me (first date wewt).

After that we went out more for tennis and movies and stuff and things were going really well. Then summer school started. Even though I probably didn't need to take Algebra again, I signed up for it anyways to spend more time with her (and a little more review for SATs can't help). Things were going great then. We started talking more durings the breaks, started hugging and holding hands. Being the impatient guy that I was, I couldn't wait to pop the question to her ("will you be my girlfriend?") Then it happened...

TikTok Advice For Relationships Suc...
TikTok Advice For Relationships Sucks

Archived