How to approach a girl in this situation

hanuman34

There is a girl in my class who I am interested in. I have had a class with her a few years ago and we became friends, but at the time I had a girlfriend. However, I have always been attracted to her. Im not sure how to approach her romantically though. She is Persian and very traditional (though she does not wear the headdress). We talk after class sometimes and I have called her because I missed a class one day. She seems like she is always in a hurry when I talk to her though. I walked with her after class one day and she kept insisting that I did not have too because I usually go the other way. Even though it seems like she's attracted to me, I cant make out her behavior. Im kind of lying low for the moment because I am a little confused and do not want to overwhelm her with my persistence.

Any insight on this kind of situation? Other than this, our conversations are light and pretty fluid.

And those are not signs that a person is interested. On the other hand she waits for me after class, promptly returned my phone call, remembers things that I have told her, and seems to make healthy eye contact with me. I am confused because I do not know if she is shy and her behavior draws from her culture or that she is simply not interested.

Archived