Should I end my LDR?

bakerrac

Alright, here it goes...

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years. We did short distance (about an hour drive) for about 7 months...that was fine! Then he moved home, which is about a 10 hour drive from me, so we've been dping long distance for about 6 1/2 months now. I've been down to visit him 3 times; he's been up to visit me zero times. (I actually almost moved down there, but lack of funds prevented it. I currently do not have plans to move there anytime soon...I just got a new job.) We don't talk on the phone that much, and we can't seem to work our schedules out to visit, so we haven't seen each other for 3 months now!

I love him so much, but I'm starting to feel like this is just not working and maybe we should just be thankful for the great times we had and move on. I also find myself flirting with and semi-interested in other guys.

So then I start thinking about ending the relationship, and on one hand, it sounds good, but on the otherhand, I love him. And I'm afraid I'll regret it. And I don't want to hurt him...This whole thing has been consuming me and now when I do talk to him I feel guilty b/c I've been thinking about breaking up with him.

Thoughts? Advice?

I think it's apparent that the distance just isn't going to work out for you. Thus, I think you should bring it up to him just as that, and see if there is any possible way to salvage things. You two may love each other, but if neither of you are willing to make sacrifices to be closer to each other, I think it's obvious the relationship isn't strong enough to sustain itself for a greater amount of time. The best advice I could give would be to simply exhaust all your options before cutting things off, and that should minimize any regret.

He's not been to see you, but have you been to see him?

It's a two way tango.

Keep up communications remind each other that you love each other.

Trust me, you're not alone in this. Keep fighting! Above all the love you have for each other which is amazing... you will one day have that sense of achievement which will strengthen your relationship a lot...

If two can do this, you can do anything.

That's my logic right now!

I think that for an LDR to remain strong, you have to put in the work and you need to have a constant and consistant contact via other mediums, phone, msn, or whatever, until you can meet.

When the communication is practically non existant and visits become infrequent...what exactly is the point in continuing. With limited to hardly any contact....you run the risk of drifting apart.

I think these kind of relationships suck to be honest...

Archived