Fear of Fear

Pall Wall
Afraid meaning | Afraid in a Senten...
Afraid meaning | Afraid in a Sentence | Most common words in English #shorts

Everyone is afraid of something. Me I'm afraid of Spiders, I'm afraid of the being out in the ocean, or the middle of a lake, wiether on boat, or swimming. But lately I've come to realize a new fear. I'm afraid of possibly being a coward deep down. I've never faced real serious life threatning danger. Well actually I accidentally drank poison when I was 4 years old, but I wasn't mature enough to be aware of the world around me then. But I wonder, if I was beign held at gun point by a robber or mugger, would I feel like a total wuss inside, trembling? OR would I be cool and hold it together like Samuel L. Jackson does in the last 10 minutes of Pulp Fiction? I like to think I'm not afraid of Death, but I am afraid that I could be scared deep down, and just would not know it till I faced it. I would be afraid of being percieved as a coward by everyone.

And on another level of "Fear of Fear" I'm afraid peers, friends, and loved ones could be afraid of me. Afraid of me like I'm weird, or afraid of telling me something they know would break my heart.

I wonder...is this feeling leading to something, or going to lead to something, is it a bad negative feeling to have?

Me I'm afraid of Spiders, I'm afraid of the being out in the ocean, or the middle of a lake, wiether on boat, or swimming. But lately I've come to realize a new fear. I'm afraid of possibly being a coward deep down.

I have all three of those fears but over the year I've faced them all and won; I keep over 15 different species of tarantulas, I'm a certified SCUBA diver, and I joined the Marine Corps.

I'm still afraid. I mean afraid. Over time you get used to facing it. You do it because you feel you have to.

It's like if your dad watching over you as a little kid... then over time, you don't need your dad anymore. He's there like Obi-Wan and Yoda, saying "Use the force... punch that dude right in the nose..."

You are worrying too much. I also have a lot of fears and wish I could take my own advice! I have fear of abandonment/flying/engulfment/heights/clostrophobia to a small degree......

The things you say you fear sound like totally normal to be fearful of them, so you are just normal! Everyone is afraid of dying, I know I am!

This all comes from thinking too much and not having enough confidence in yourself, which is why you are now worrying as to whether other people are afraid or you/are judging you.... which they are most probably not, tho if you have started to act odd around people, they maybe be wondering whats wrong with you.... chill out and take note, hope you feel better...

Archived