I just kind of wonder how many people have friends that they stopped being friends with?

I just have so many regrets with some people in my life. Of course, I have lived at this point with probably about 100 people and met many more... but I have regrets about some people I lived with that I had a falling out with (though I feel that they were really awful in so many ways) and another roommate of mine who was extremely controlling and passive-aggressive and rude. But *still* it causes me pain to look back on that.

Also when I visited home for christmas, i got mad at two old friends. one, who was very negative and attacking me as a person during a conversation about politics... and the other one who started to interrogate me about why my boyfriend studies finance right off the bat. I think maybe my problem is that I am very direct and tell people what I think and sometimes with some emotion in my voice. But sometimes I regret being honest about what I think and start to feel like I have to just go along with things to maintain some friendship. Sigh... I don't know... I know I am not perfect, but it makes me sad to look back on some of that mess in my past.

there are SO many people who have come and gone in my life, but it has been mostly people from high school. most i don't find to be a huge loss because high school was so artificial. those that were important to me and who are gone..it was really sad but there's nothing i can do now. people come and go all the time in our lives and i believe many teach us important things about live and ourselves, or at least leave us with some awesome memories. i just try to see the up side to it all b/c it's really all inevitable.

Well at the age of 42 i have had a great many friends of the past (counting casual and close) that have moved out of my life due to a number of reasons. I don't find it unhealthy at all, and i didn't stop loving or caring or even thinking of them, sometimes our lives just go off in different paths and directions.

I guess I am different in that i don't look back and think of it as a "mess in my past" but rather some really nice opportunities to have gotten to know and gotten close to people. They will never be truly gone if they are still in your heart and you think of them sometimes. We don't have to be in someone's visual linesight all the time to care about them.

Most of us don't have enough time in the day once we get older to consistently hang out with every person we ever were close to. That shouldn't be a prerequiste. Most every friend i have ever had that i no longer see I think very fondly of. There are a mere few i think poorly of.

I lost touch with everybody I knew in high school, and all of my childhood friends. It was my fault. I was, and still kinda am, a very negative person and I knew that moving away would mean the end of it eventually anyway so why try to keep it alive if it was just gonna be a wasted effort... I wish I had tried now. And with my college friends I will try, at least with the best of them.

Archived