What are some signs she's trying to make you jealous?

MikeL

Thnx so far guys. Ok here's my situation:

My girlfriend is into church... ALOT. Cuz she's in the staff n stuff. So we hardly had time to spend together, it's been like that for atleast 3 months n I was tired of waiting for her so I dumped her. But a couple days later, I realized that I shouldn't have broken up with her, and should have been supporting her by going to church with her. So anyways her friends kept telling me that she still liked me (which I knew already) so I asked her if she wanted to get back together, BUT I messed up! I don't know what got her mad, but she said that I had asked her in the worst way ever. SO... I got mad at her and stop talking to her for about 2 weeks straight. This weekend I decided that I didn't want to ignore anymore, and become friends with her, so I went to church with her on Friday, n on Saturday (it was a special weekend for the church), but she kept talking to me before about her "friends" at church. And I had suspected that she must of liked someone there alot cuz she goes there all the time. And I was right! at Friday night, I talked to her on the phone, and she started talking about her friend that plays really good on the drums for church, but he wasnt there. She said that she always gets in trouble when she's with him, so I asked her why? and she said cuz she used to like him, but the feelings started fading. Then I asked her do you still like him? and she said that she's starting to hang out with him more. SOooo, I was REALLY jealous and had to see this kid myself. So on saturday he was there, and I looked at him and I wasn't worried at all LOL. I was like "this is the kid? wow haha" (in my head ofcourse lol), but anyways I was standing in front of the kid n we was talking about something when my ex-girlfriend walks behind him (he was sitting down) and smacks him on the arm, then walks away fast. She didn't look at me, but when she does I can tell she still likes me. I sure damn well that she likes me more than that kid. But she never flirted with me like that! Is it cause I make her shy? but anyways that's why I'm asking...

EDIT- Oh and she doesn't go to church because of that guy. I can see why she goes there all the time, it's fun as hell lol.

But anyways what you guys think??

First off, going to church because one thinks it is 'fun as hell' is a bit crazy and an oxymoron all in its own. But I guess that is just a sidenote...

Secondly, when a person has a crush on someone they talk about and bring up that person a lot. So you are right to be weary of this guy.....and don't let his appearance give you false hopes. Many times when someone is interested in someone new it isn't about looks. There is usually some need being met and it usually has little to do with how they look. Most people who cheat, for instance, cheat with people less attractive than their partners.

Third, you probably shouldn't go to church a lot just beacuse the girl you like goes. This isn't like going to starbucks. I don't know, just seems superficial to me to feel forced to go to church for her if it isn't your thing. IF you two have a deep disconnect on religion it will cause a lot of problems down the road...however it sounds to me (just based on your posts) she is going for the wrong reasons herself and views it as a playground to be near this guy she likes.

I think tihs relationship is headed in a negative direction to be honest.

• 1 year later...

I would perhaps suggest signs such as hair flicking, touching, smiling and certain body postures that may mean she likes you include things such as stiffness, suddenly losing interest in talking to the person they were talking with when seeing you or in your presence, lack of eye-contact may mean a sign of trying not to seem so desperate, rude gestures such as ignoring plays a BIG role in trying to lose interest in that particular someone for some particular reason- perhaps because she knows you are with someone else or some other reason.

Woman/girls are masters at emotional intelligence when it comes to dealing with a thing called - 'love' . Females and gay men often tend to think deeper about the feeling.

Gossip - particularly girl gossip often involves chat about relationships and love which is why females are more advanced in that particular area because males do not often share their intimate stuff with there friends/family and so on.

First off a lot of perfectly normal men and women try to make the person that they like jealous. I dont know why people act like being coquettish or playing harmless games in love means you're the anti christ. Sheesh!

Second how old are you guys cause this can tell a lot

Third, she doesnt flirt with you that hard because you matter, and this guy doesn't so she's not risking anything ( like hurt feelings or looking ridiculous) by flirting with him. Plus she's doing it to make you jealous, so she'll put more effort into it. And yes Im' quite certain she's trying to make you jealous...that " i get in trouble when i'm with him " bit is laughable and unneccessary.

Heres hoping you guys are young, otherwise you may have to follow people "drop her" advice. But I really dont think so.

Archived