Is it normal for adults to be sexually attracted to teenagers?

Scorpio8647

Now I don't mean pursuing a relationship or having sex with one. I mean is it normal to find yourself attracted to younger people.Now I'm 22 but I normally don't find anyone that much younger than me attractive. But I sorta like my friends brother who is 16. He looks very mature for his age. Now I know pursuing a relationship would be wrong on my part and I would never think about crossing any boundaries because I know it's wrong. I just think he's very handsome and I feel a little dirty about being attracted to a boy that young. However I'm just curious, is it normal to be attracted to young peoplethat are in their teens when you're in your 20's,30's or 40's?

I won't try to give any opinion on what is normal and what isn't. I do however, think that it happens all the time (adults being attracted to teenagers). I have known many men attracted to girls 16 and over. Made me cringe.. but then, I'm not them.

However.. to want to pursue a relationship.. that's a whole different thing.. (but I realise you arent asking about that).

Yes i would say that this is normal. However pursuing it would be wrong because he simply is not on the same maturity level as you are. If you remain friends with his older sister and still care for him in about 3 years go for it. But, no this does not make you a monster. There is only a 5 year age difference here. Now if you were 30 I would wonder.

I believe that it is normal to be attracted to people around 18, 19 because some people really peak at that age.

However, I would never pursue a relationship if I was older than that age group (22 or older) because the difference in maturity and places in life would turn me off completely.

I think you are making a mature decision by not making a move. Also, remember that it gets creepier as you age. You can still check them out but be discreet.

Being exclusively attracted to post pubescent teenagers is considered a disorder (something other than pedophilia but i cant remember) because you dont have a "legal" outlet, but I dont think it's abnormal to be attracted to girls or women who are going through puberty. It is generally considered socially unacceptable to pursue women who are not yet adults (eighteen) if you are significantly older than them but it varies accross cultures and nationalities.

Being exclusively attracted to post pubescent teenagers is considered a disorder (something other than pedophilia but i cant remember) because you dont have a "legal" outlet, but I dont think it's abnormal to be attracted to girls or women who are going through puberty. It is generally considered socially unacceptable to pursue women who are not yet adults (eighteen) if you are significantly older than them but it varies accross cultures and nationalities.

sorry correction "hebephilia" ( exclusive attraction to girls after puberty) is not considered a disorder ( although obviously it can get you into trouble anyway).

Depends. Women are generally most attractive to men when they're ~16-24. It's just how we're wired to be attracted women that appear to be fertile mates. Youthful appearance, firm supple breasts, .7 hip to waist ratio, long hair, clear skin, etc. Women in that age range espouse those characteristics the most, hence why men are naturally attracted to them the most on a pure visual basis.

I have a friend who's younger brother I find extremely gorgeous. (I'm 27 by the way) He's 16 years old and on the football team. Very beautiful eyes and not to mention works out A LOT. Looks at LEAST 18. (That's what you tell the cops right? ) Anyway, the minute he opens his mouth you know he's 16. Quite annoying really.

I don't see any of those older women/younger men relationships working out... I date older men, usually in their 30s and even some of THOSE can be immature. I can't imagine dating one younger than me.

I know for ME personally, no. I am not into young guys, especially under 20. But for many i can say that yes, it is surely something that can happen. Particularly with men and teen women. I have seen teens who dress very provactively and who have the body of a woman. I don't think most male brains can automatically reject a sensual image because of the age attached to the person.

But MOST men are mature enough to know they cannot and will not act on it. But that is VERY diffferent from never being sexually charged by looking at an underage girl .. or guy. I am sure some women have felt the same with a teenage guy who had the body of a man.

I think the problem is that people's bodies mature faster than their minds do. At 16 you pretty much have an adult body already (as far as reproduction goes), but mentally you're still a kid.

That's debatable and largely depends on where you live.

is it normal to be attracted to young peoplethat are in their teens when you're in your 20's,30's or 40's?

By being attracted what do you mean....is it normal to want to get into bed with a teenager? Then I would not think that is normal. Can you appreciate that they are attractive? Yes I would think that is normal.

5 Fundamentals Of Dressing For Your...
5 Fundamentals Of Dressing For Your Age

Archived