At least I know he's gay...

Okay, so here's my deal. I really like this guy I work with. The problem isn't 'is he gay?', luckily, I already know that he is. My issue is that I'm REALLY new to the whole dating thing since I've just gotten comfortable to come out a few months ago. We started just talking to each other at work, getting to know each other, that kind of thing. We went out to this gay dance club with some of his friends (all girls or straight guys) and had a great time. One of the nights we held hands as we walked back to my car (sweet right?), talked for about 4 hours and then slept together in his bed, no sex or anything like that or making out, just sleeping. So then I go over to his apartment a few days later and we watched some stuff on TV and the internet and I wasn't really sure what to do. Like I said before I'm really new to dating or flirting, and I really just have NO IDEA what to do. I'm just so nervous and don't want to screw up because he's really a great guy. I also don't want to fall on my face and lose him as a friend either. Sorry if I'm rambling, I'm just kinda frustrated... ](*,)

If anyone has any suggestions or maybe some tips on flirting or whatever, that'd be awesome. Thanks again!

I think you should just be yourself. To me, it sounds like he really likes you and really respects you. From the sounds of it, I would suspect he's feeling quite the way you are [ not wanting to screw things up ] so just relax and go about your business as usual.

Good luck x

Okay, thanks for the replies! I was talking to one of my best friends and she said she couldn't believe I don't know how to flirt cause I do it all the time. I was like Apparently I do it all the time to the customers that come into the store and just everyone in general, lol. We figured that since I consciously like him, I'm over thinking it. I'll just try not to think too much into it and like some of you said: just be myself.

I can imagine this must be doubly hard for gay and lesbian relatinonships because unlike the male/female ones girls can rely on the guy to make the move in most cases...with this situation it seems it would be hard to know who should make the move.

Anyway, sometimes you gotta just move beyond the comfort zone and take a chance. As suggested next time you are alone together put your arm around him and maybe lean in for a kiss. You'll know if he is interested or not right away! if he isn't, no harm no foul, at least you will NO longer wonder!

Archived