Should I call now?

Stinkweed

Asking Someone to Call You in Engli...
Asking Someone to Call You in English || ESL Conversation Practice || ESL Advice

Well, yesterday I got a phone number from a girl. I dunno, I think the right thing is definitively not to wait too long. But I was wondering whether I should call tonight or tomorrow. Would it make a big difference? I think maybe tomorrow in the early afternoon would be best, but I've heard that waiting 1 day is good as long as you're not desperate (which I'm not, lol. I just don't want it to even seem like I'm not interested, cause I genuinely am). I've also heard the opposite, that 1 day is bad. I dunno... I guess I'm kinda wondering, lol. I didn't get to ask her out, and would've rather done that in person, but I already got her number cause I don't know when I'll see her again... So, what are some suggestions?

well, it's saturday night, she might be out with her friends. i might call tomorrow night, not too late though. more than likely, she'll be at home, and getting ready for the week.

Well yeah, you see, that's what I was thinking (and I'm planning on going out soon too)... However, it is a long weekend, so she might go out sunday night as well, which is why I said I'd call tomorrow early in the afternoon... But I don't wanna wait til monday night cause that feels like it'll be pushing it.

Don't wait too long..or else she will think you are trying to 'wait' to play it cool.

Those games are sooo overated. It sounds like you want to call her now.

Call her sooner rather than later. If she likes you she will be very happy that you called.

Well I certainly don't want to seem like I'm playing games, and due to circumstances that happened before (long story), I want to emphasize that I'm not playing... So I will call soon. Perhaps tonight is not a good idea cause it's early in the evening, perfect time to go out, so she's probably out, lol...

call her tonite and let her know you would like to see her tomorrow at some point. being quick in your response and direct in situations such as this are the best approach.... girls like direct and find it very attractive. remember... she DID give you her phone number... if she wasn't attracted or excited about meeting you/hanging out with you... you would not have gotten the number in the first place

call her tonite and let her know you would like to see her tomorrow at some point. being quick in your response and direct in situations such as this are the best approach.... girls like direct and find it very attractive. remember... she DID give you her phone number... if she wasn't attracted or excited about meeting you/hanging out with you... you would not have gotten the number in the first place

I dunno about that, lol. I mean, I usually ask the girl out before trying to get her number (it never gets to that cause I get turned down), so this is like the 3rd time I've asked for a number first, and well. I've never been out on a date, so I think her giving me her number might mean nothing like it did in the past... So, call her tonight? I dunno... I'd lie if I said I don't wanna get it out of the way whatever the end result might be, but others have suggested to call when I think she might be home and I think tomorrow afternoon she's more likely to be home...

lol, yeah, I called again at night and she picked up and we talked for a bit, and I don't wanna get too excited about it, but it was just awesome... She's so cool, and so easy to talk to (not like all the girls I've approached before her, I would just know it wasn't gonna be good cause it required so much effort on my part to keep a conversation going)... I feel like it went pretty well.

Well I called back when she told me to and she didn't answer. I tried once more like 3-4 hours later and again she didn't answer so I just left my final message saying I was just calling her back to arrange something so whenever she had time she could just call me back. And I'm done. I'm not gonna do anything else for this one...

I mean, it hurts a bit, but I'll live. But what pisses me off is that it's like the 2nd time in the last 3-4 months that this happens that a girl says "yes" but then nothing happens. The last time I knew nothing was gonna happen, cause it was in her tone of voice. But this one sounded so much more official that we were gonna go out... Well there's this other girl I started talking to, should see her this week. Hopefully it won't be the same story when I get to ask her out.

well, hopefully she'll call back. who knows - maybe she is at an inauguration party tonight or something! or maybe had a last minute change of plans. i hope she calls you soon! hang in there!

Nah, she ain't gonna call. Cause it's what I'd do, and what I expect a normal person to do, so it's expecting too much out of anybody else. Does everybody do it? Not really, not even a decent number of people pass for normal in my eyes... It's cool. I just hope I'll never see her again cause it's just gonna be awkward (I won't know whether I should just blatantly ignore her, nod like "what's up?" as if she just were a dude, or what). And I hope no other girl does this to me, lol, cause it's not the first time it happens. I deleted her number already. I'll seriously be surprised if she calls. I mean, it sounded so legit, for a second there, I was certain it was gonna happen. Well there's this other girl I'll definitively ask out on Thursday if I don't hear from this one by then. And if that one does the same, I'll just give up on this, lol. Not worth it.

blah, i'm sorry. well, if you do wind up seeing her somewhere, treat her like you would any other person who is an acquaintance you don't know well. like a neighbor you don't know very well. "hi alex - nice weather, huh? have a good day!"

definitely ask out that other girl!

blah, i'm sorry. well, if you do wind up seeing her somewhere, treat her like you would any other person who is an acquaintance you don't know well. like a neighbor you don't know very well. "hi alex - nice weather, huh? have a good day!"

definitely ask out that other girl!

If I do see her she probably will pretend not to see me (and walk right by, if we happen to walk by each other, just looking straight ahead). It's what they all do. And the other girl: I don't see anything happening either. It's just, she doesn't seem very interested in more than probably friendship so I think I'm gonna go ahead and not ruin it. I don't have that many friends, and I have NO female friends at all...

These things... Up until the end of summer I had some semblance of hope that one day I would be successful and that all I needed was to be more confident and sociable, lol. Instead I get lied to more than when I would just sit in the corner quietly... And the number of liars outnumbers the honest people by far.

I kinda dunno where to go from here. Was I "too nice" cause I wanted her to choose where we could go to? Lol, don't make me laugh... Was I "too nice" cause I called when I said I would? Again, don't make me laugh... Seriously, I dunno what to fix from here, what to work on, and I seldom meet any girls. I like to have choices, like when others give me choices. I don't like to get lied to and to get my freedom taken away. And thus, I feel I know how it feels so I don't do it to others. Is this so wrong? Am I a pushover cause I give freedom? I really dunno... I wish there were someone trustworthy I could just write the detailed conversations to just so they can tell me what part of the "ritual" I keep violating... I guess I'd like to know how any of that makes me "too nice" or "weak" or whatever makes someone undesirable. Everything's been so wrong in the last few months... I'm sick of it. I didn't ask for any of it

nah - i think it's just a numbers game. it's luck. you just happened to walk up to a girl who wasn't that interested, for whatever reason. i think you acted just fine, not 'too nice.' personally - i like nice guys. and if she doesn't, then there is something wrong with HER! you never know - maybe she got back together with her ex 3 days ago?

nah - i think it's just a numbers game. it's luck. you just happened to walk up to a girl who wasn't that interested, for whatever reason. i think you acted just fine, not 'too nice.' personally - i like nice guys. and if she doesn't, then there is something wrong with HER! you never know - maybe she got back together with her ex 3 days ago?

I guess it's in the numbers. It's what I've been told. I wanna try some more. Wish I could get a couple of numbers tonight. Dunno where I'd get them from, though, lol. The night is young, but I haven't seen any of my friends and I wouldn't know where to go by myself... I'm just at my place wishing I were out and about...

well - think about it this way - how many girls are you interested in? say you go to a coffee shop or a lecture or movie theater or mall. how many women walk by before you find one you are interested in? 1 out of 30? i dunno. then imagine - it's the same for the woman - maybe she would only be interested in dating 1 out of 30 men herself. so, you have to find the right woman who is also interested in you. so, it's a bit tricky. don't take it too hard on yourself. you don't know what she is looking for. and there were 29 other women you decided not to approach either. maybe one of those 29 would have been interested in you? get what i'm saying?

well - think about it this way - how many girls are you interested in? say you go to a coffee shop or a lecture or movie theater or mall. how many women walk by before you find one you are interested in? 1 out of 30? i dunno. then imagine - it's the same for the woman - maybe she would only be interested in dating 1 out of 30 men herself. so, you have to find the right woman who is also interested in you. so, it's a bit tricky. don't take it too hard on yourself. you don't know what she is looking for. and there were 29 other women you decided not to approach either. maybe one of those 29 would have been interested in you? get what i'm saying?

Yeah, numbers don't look so good. I really don't know how it is that there are so many people out there dating. I can understand, though, why there are breakups and whatnot...

Archived