dating then he moved back home

.piper.

Ok I started to date a guy on December 27th. We hung out every day or every second day until he went back home on January 6th (he was only home for Xmas vacation) We both expressed an interest in one another. He called me from the airport and told me to keep in touch. He is thinking about moving home in approx 6 months (that is his plan right now). We will will then be in the same place again. Maybe as the month he is planning on moving home I am planning on movie to another continent for a 3 months of work.

Right now he is on the other side of the country and its a 3.5 hour time difference. We talked on the phone 2 times since he went back and both times I ask if I could call (one night after I went out drinking with friends). We text probably every other day a few times, nothing big.

I want to get to know him more. I want to talk to him more. I would like to know what is going on. Are we dating other people? Do I just take it as it comes? Wait and see if he ever moves home? Just live my life and remain friends who speak every now and then? Or is it possible to be more? I'm a little confused. I have no idea what he wants.

What would you do in this type of situation?

10 days is an awefully short time to start a relationship that will be LDR for a long time.

I cannot tell you if you should or shouldn't date this person, but i can only tell you what happened to me: i met someone who i knew would have to move 6month later back to his homecountry. we broke up a few month after he had moved back. would i do it again? this was one of the most important relationships for me, since i learned a lot about myself and since i did a lot of growing up because of it, but it was also the most painful and beautiful experiences of my life

I know I know, just sucks when you meet someone that actually has true potential and then they have to leave. I guess you just have to go by the whole "if its meant to be, it will"

I forgot to mention he is one of my best friends brothers so I know he is a decent guy and not just a player.

you have to ask yourself if you are willing/ able to handle not seeing each other too much, knowing that they have a social life away from you, not having regular sex. LDR requires a lot more trust and communication. how are your finances? will you have to miss out on a lot of things with your friends in order to save up for a ticket to see him? how long would you have to be LDR....

He makes alot of money... over 100k a year but the thing is he is up there to save so that he can move home, buy a house etc, so he doesnt want to spend the $1000 to come home plus having to take time off work (does not get paid when not working)

I make enough to go up there as well but I am an accountant and its tax time so I cannot travel until until at least May and he will be home in the summer. Tough situation... Plus if I decide to go to Australia thats an additional 3 months.

I am not a jealous person. Sucks not to have someone here though. I guess the best thing to do is just play it by air. Talk every now and then... I guess I am just looking for that person who is there all the time, I can call whenever I want to call, etc, But i guess I will continue to use my friends for that for now

Archived