Six months since the breakup, 5 months NC. To make a long story short. When we started going out I drank too much. She left me 3 times, every time, I would get better. At the end I was drinking one night a month. It still was not good enough for her. She left me again. After having left me she said that if I quit altogether and went to see a psychiatrist, she would consider getting back together. I basically told her that she was not reasonable, that I did not want anymore contact, and that if she wanted to get back together SHE would have to convince me.

Now 6 months later, I have no clue where she is at. If she is with someone else, has moved on etc...

I think that I need to have a final conversation with her in order to move on. I would love to get back with her, but I don't think she will ever be able to compromise. She is a bit of a control freak, insecure and high maintenance princess. She has issues that she won't even admit to herself. I thought that by going NC, she would maybe realise her faults.

I don't know if I should contact or not, or even what I would say if I were to contact. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I am hoping she has changed and is maybe too proud to contact or she thinks that I have moved on. I just want to know where she stands, and I think I am finally able to deal with whatever she will have to say. But I'm not sure. She is probably just as surprised as I am that we have held up NC for 5 months.

People do change I can tell you that. Let her think that you have moved on. And think of her moving on too. Are you really positive that you would be able to handel as to what her she tells you after 5 months of NC? Even if she did talk to you or said something that you wouldn't like to hear would you still be able to handel it? I'm sure you wouldn't thats why I said keep going with the NC that's just my opinion but what ever you decide is your decsion.

Well, talk about a coincidence. I just went to the corner store. My ex has a friend who lives nearby and I saw her there. She asked how I was andI said I'm still having a hard time but slowly moving on. I then said "my ex is probably with someone else now anyways". She answered that indeed she was, and that she thought it was too soon. I did not ask for details, but it sure looks like a rebound. Who knows? I got my answer and I sure am not going to contact her now. Her loss. Thnaks

Well, talk about a coincidence. I just went to the corner store. My ex has a friend who lives nearby and I saw her there. She asked how I was andI said I'm still having a hard time but slowly moving on. I then said "my ex is probably with someone else now anyways". She answered that indeed she was, and that she thought it was too soon. I did not ask for details, but it sure looks like a rebound. Who knows? I got my answer and I sure am not going to contact her now. Her loss. Thnaks

Now, that you got an answer from her friend then now you know what the right thing is to do. Hope you find some happiness yourself.

Starting Over In a Relationship - B...
Starting Over In a Relationship - Beginners Guide

Archived