"I miss you by Pi"...any Math EXPERTS?!

Honesty

Hello!

I enjoy Maths and understand the Pi theory. It's an infinite number, right? It goes on and on and on after the decimal place.

However, it's theoretical value is..3.14 I think. So thereforee smaller than 4..however it goes on forever.

Har, I am of course being an over analytical female.

I asked my ex/person I'm re-connecting with as of late on a scale of 1-10 how much he missed me..yes, I was drunk and sending drunken emails! Always fun.

He responded back yesterday saying "I miss you by Pi.xxxYou're the maths genius you work that out!x"

Clearly I am not as I cannot!

What would you think?

Thanks!

You asked for a degree on a scale, and what he answered literally based on that scale wouldn't be so high on that given scale.

However, if he meant 'something between 3 and 4 on a scale of 1-10' he wouldn't use pi to express that. Maybe the fact that there is no end to the digits following 3.14... and that uptil now there is no good formula to predict the numbers... he means that it is impossible to say exactly how much he misses you.

Or maybe missing you goes in circles.

Or maybe he misses you infinitely and your answer is ∞

Hello!

I enjoy Maths and understand the Pi theory. It's an infinite number, right? It goes on and on and on after the decimal place.

However, it's theoretical value is..3.14 I think. So thereforee smaller than 4..however it goes on forever.

Har, I am of course being an over analytical female.

I asked my ex/person I'm re-connecting with as of late on a scale of 1-10 how much he missed me..yes, I was drunk and sending drunken emails! Always fun.

He responded back yesterday saying "I miss you by Pi.xxxYou're the maths genius you work that out!x"

Clearly I am not as I cannot!

What would you think?

Thanks!

It's a transcendental number, which also makes it an irrational number. Perhaps he thinks you're both of those! Or a more negative interpretation is that it does not exist in practice, only in theory. But I'm sure he didn't mean that, since mathematicians don't normally think of it in those terms.

Go with transcendental. And tell him you miss him by e (the exponential number, also transcendental), just to confirm your geekdom.

darn...I never knew Maths could be so romantic! now I wish I had paid more attention in class.

i think he was just being silly and didn't mean that he misses you between the scale of 3 to 4. he was only trying to sound cute and showing off his math geekery to you.

Archived