Dream Kissing...

wmped

The last night I had a dream that shattered my mind.

For some reason in this dream I encountered a woman whom I was...well smitten with. While I can't remember what the dream was exactly about what I do remember was amazing. The lady was married or in a relationship or something that made her unavailable. In spite of all this there was an electric connection between the two of us which I've never felt in my waking life. As I prepared to leave in the dream I asked for one kiss from her, a request that I could tell she was eager to hear and grant.

The kiss (while not real) was fantastic. I've never kissed a woman (yet!) and, although awkward at first, it was wonderful: a truthful expression of our impossible passion. What began as a friendly peck became something surreal. I can even now remember the moist squishy feeling of her lips on mine and even (vivid I know) the eager exploring of tongues into each-others' mouths. As we parted and stared into each others' eyes the moment seemed to last forever as we went back for a second time and sealed the affirmation of affection. I then turned and left her at which point the rest of the dream is lost to me in the fog of my subconscious.

When I woke up I felt peaceful in a way that I hadn't felt since I had been backpacking out in the wilderness of Yosemite NP this summer. My soul had been replenished. I'm almost afraid to sleep that I might lose this wonderful memory or diminish it's details.

What does this mean? I'm not interested in anyone at the moment so it was a complete surprise. Does everyone feel this way after such a simple kiss? I know this post is weird (believe me I do) but if anyone can understand it'll be all of you wonderful eNotAlone folks. So, what say you?

I have had dreams in the past that have impacted on the days that followed, simply by replaying in my mind as clearly as I first dreamed them, they make you feel weak in the knees and funny in the tummy... Have you looked online for dream interpretations? You could look up "kiss", however, being as vivid as it was, and that it has rattled you to this degree that you needed to speak of it... I suspect there may be more to it... Good luck working it out!!

This is a good thing! Take it as a good thing..you have all this and more to look forward to.

You WILL have that explosive, hungry passion..you WILL have that amazing first kiss..and it WILL be entirely worth the wait!

It does suck, waking up from a dream and feeling disappointed, wishing it was real..but embrace your dreams..keep your eyes wide open in the day though because you never know who could be around.

If I were you, I'd take it as nothing more than a good sign that your subconscious mind hasn't given up yet on experiencing something similar in your real life. Once you've stopped dreaming about having positive experiences with the opposite sex (as has been the case with me for many years now), your last ship has officially left the dock without you.

Yeah, those kinds of dreams suck. It's just your minds way of keeping you from going insane from the lack of romantic and sexual affection that begins to take a toll on you when you realize that nobody finds you worthy of their love. The body and mind is pretty much a fascist thug in that aspect. Hence why I envy machines. The creator envying his creations. How's that for grade A irony?

Well it's the day after and I've forgotten most of that amazing dream. Is that what love is like? On and off? That kinda sucks... I had hoped it was more lasting.

Story of my life people: The closest I've ever felt to someone was a character in a dream. The satire here is aggravating. While I was happy yesterday with just that today I am pissed off at life. Raising my fist at the universe though just never seems to pay off though don't it?

The only significant kissing dream I've had happened way back in high school. I was 16ish at the time.

I wake up in my bed. The entire room is completely white with no walls, if that makes any sense - kinda like those mac vs. PC commercials. I'm just lying there with no blanket or sheets covering me, looking around the room. There's a female ghost in there with me - at least, I think it was a ghost. Just a floating entity that seemed slightly transparent, and she was absolutely gorgeous. Can't remember any real details about her except that she was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

I stay lying in my bed, not moving at all, for some reason. She floats down gently, and bends down to kiss me on the lips. I'm receptive, and it's a split second of bliss... then the entire room goes pitch black. Her eyes widen and look deep into mine - horrible eyes, like black holes. I immediately feel my life being sucked out of me. I can't really describe how that feels, but I knew exactly what it was. In stark contrast with the bliss I experienced milliseconds before, I became absolutely terrified. I was trapped. I couldn't get away, and this THING was sucking the life out of me - I suffered through several seconds of absolute torment before I finally woke up, crying. I didn't go back to sleep that night.

Of all the dreams I've had, I remember this one the most vividly. Of all the experiences I've had in my life, awake or asleep, before that moment or after that moment, this was the only one where I literally thought, "This is it... I'm about to die." I couldn't keep it out of my mind for weeks after it happened.

Quite a bit different from the OP's dream, even though it's the closest I've come to the OP's dream. I've kissed/been kissed a few other times in dreams, but they just seemed meaningless in comparison to the kiss in the dream I've just described.

That is one hell of a dream Bartok. Would you say it's affected your life today? Do you ever fear kissing a woman that she might suck your soul out? I could see that having a some long lasting trauma.

Well, I'm thinking my life/attitudes/fears affected the dream, not the other way around. And I really doubt that it had anything to do with the actual act of kissing, just like I doubt yours had anything to do with it. If I had to interpret it somehow, it is just a fear of an intimate romantic relationship, that it will completely take over my life. During that time (and a few times afterwards), some of my male friends got girlfriends. They never wanted to hang out because they were busy with their girlfriends, it's almost like they disappeared off the face of the earth.

However, I think this has helped me cope with my singleness - over the years I've developed this idea that I now firmly believe is true, based on what I've witnessed and what others have told me. While everybody expects everyone to get married, have long term relationships, have any sort of relationship at all, those relationships also prevent them from experiencing other aspects of life. I was just talking to a guy I graduated from college with, he wanted to go to school in Florida, but then he got serious with a girl and ended up marrying her. Those dreams went down the toilet because of his relationship. That may or may not have been worth it, but either way, compromises had to be made.

Basically, it would be great to experience love at some point, but I don't want it to CONSUME me. I see all these posts about people who try to create all these stupid rules about how things should go (must meet X times per week for Y number of hours, must call within Z amount of time, must be committed by F number of dates, etc.), and it all just seems like a pile of bullcrap to me. I see lots of posts asking about ideas for dates... and it's usually dinner + activity, and those activities are often boring stuff I've done tons of time before. The whole concept of dating seems silly to me, too, why does it have to work that way? Just seems like another restriction that I would hate dealing with. Can't we just get to know eachother naturally? Obviously not, we MUST do things according to the status quo. Even once the relationship gets going, there are protocols that must be followed. That's what I fear most - the restrictions and liabilities that come with a relationship.

There are tons of things to experience in life. A relationship is only one of them, yet people make a HUGE deal out if it. If I tell anyone who knows my age that I've never been on a date, they automatically assume I'm some sort of socially awkward weirdo (which may have been true in the past, but it's certainly not true anymore). Even if someone hasn't had a BF/GF for a certain amount of time, people start to judge them. Like they are inferior, somehow, because they haven't found or don't have the "love" that "everyone else" has. We even have scientific studies telling us that we would be happier if we were married (which is a logical fallacy, all those studies mean is that married people tend to be happier than single people). If I have a relationship, I get to experience that relationship. If I don't have a relationship, I still get to experience everything else the world has to offer, and the world has A LOT to offer!

I have resolved to never, ever let myself get tied down, and that dream isn't the reason. Hope I haven't rambled too much

I have these kinds of dreams occasionally. I don’t have dreams often (maybe once every 6 weeks), but when I do it is almost always about an attractive girl and myself.

I absolutely love those dreams. I always wake up and feel great. I do get a bit frustrated that it was in fact a dream though. I always loose my memory of dreams within two minutes of waking up. So I usually lay there in bed trying to take the memories all in as fast as possible. The only common event that occurs that I can remember is that I am lying on the bed with her straddling my torso and the two of us are making out vigorously. Full out necking and everything. Things like how her lips felt get lost quickly. I wish I could remember that feeling, or how she smelled, ect.

It is an indescribable feeling that I have when I wake up. It feels so good. I feel amazing for the entire day after. The only thing that I can imagine could duplicate the feeling is to actually get that kiss in real life. I wish I could have these dreams more often, but I guess I wish I could do these activities in real life too. It just gives me so much hope when I have these dreams. I have so many experiences that I have to look forward to, and the age to appreciate the little things when it does happen.

I have never kissed a girl yet either. But I really do think that I will get that kiss of my dreams one day. It will make me the happiest guy on the planet when it happens.

Good luck in your journey to get that kiss OP.

]We even have scientific studies telling us that we would be happier if we were married (which is a logical fallacy, all those studies mean is that married people tend to be happier than single people).

Not just happier, but healthier, according to other scientific studies. And I agree about the order of causality not been proven in either case; i.e., it could merely be that people who already started out happier/healthier are more likely to end up married, because no one wanted to be with the sad/sickly people.

Totally agree that relationships should not have rules and they should progress naturally, if it doesnt happen it doesnt happen and it's easy to tell the difference - if it's that much hard work I'd rather be single! I compromised my sense of freedom once and will never do it again!! Bums up to the conventional!

That said, I've had a kiss like that and HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD. It was a natural thing and didn't conform to 'date' rules - bloody wonderful. The even better thing is that when it happens for real that feeling never goes.

Totally agree that relationships should not have rules and they should progress naturally, if it doesnt happen it doesnt happen and it's easy to tell the difference - if it's that much hard work I'd rather be single! I compromised my sense of freedom once and will never do it again!! Bums up to the conventional!

That said, I've had a kiss like that and HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD. It was a natural thing and didn't conform to 'date' rules - bloody wonderful. The even better thing is that when it happens for real that feeling never goes.

Fantastic! I've never followed the "dating rules" and quite frankly believe that all of that sort of stuff was nothing but bull. That dream seemed to confirm what I've always believed: that love is a naturally occurring thing. People seem to read to much into that sort of thing.

Archived