Pharmaceutical Sales job

artjunky

Anyone work in this industry or have any inside info on it? I'm interested in getting into this field but I wonder what steps I could take (qualification wise) to have a better chance of landing a job.

I have a bachelors in communications and have some sales/ customer service experience.

Thanks

communications is important but I also think some background knowledge of the sciences is also important.

My friend graduated last semester with a BS in bio and landed a job as a pharmaceutical sales rep. It's really a huge pharmaceutical company. She had to go through 3 different interviews before she was given the job.

Check out:

link removed

link removed

Google really is "your friend" for Pharmaceutical Sales jobs!!!

Thanks for ur response but I've done alot of reading and I get alot of conflicting information online. I'd like to actually get in touch with someone who is in the industry

communications is important but I also think some background knowledge of the sciences is also important.

My friend graduated last semester with a BS in bio and landed a job as a pharmaceutical sales rep. It's really a huge pharmaceutical company. She had to go through 3 different interviews before she was given the job.

Thank you very much for this response! I thought maybe I did need a background in sciences but I wasn't sure. I guess I'll look into maybe going back to school. I just wish I knew someone I could talk to about this

Thanks for ur response but I've done alot of reading and I get alot of conflicting information online. I'd like to actually get in touch with someone who is in the industry

Go talk to everyone you possibly can face to face in your industry. Stand up for yourself, show some passion and interest about your future. The reality is that you are interested in an industry that is in high demand. The work, the potential, the long term future, is all there waiting for you.

You need to be more diligent, stop depending on others like ENA for opinions, and just go for what you want. Bond with those who are seasoned in the pharmaceutical industry who can at the least direct you in an efficient manner.

You sound like you are scared to face your reality. I understand too well how you feel. The only thing, long term, that will keep you from where you want go, is you.

From what I hear for those sorts of sales jobs you need to be a good looking person who has a lot of social skills.

I second that, the pharma companies are targettign middle aged white men doctors who happen to be the majority. of course pharma wants a former beauty queen with some science background. sex sells.

Dont want to cause drama here but (guys if you can back me up here lol) if i were a doctor with male instinct, I would rather deal with a smart tall blond barbie rep (so called the "eye candy) those first impression counts. ( i hope i didn't burn too many bridges at ena for saying that lol)

I second that, the pharma companies are targettign middle aged white men doctors who happen to be the majority. of course pharma wants a former beauty queen with some science background. sex sells.

Dont want to cause drama here but (guys if you can back me up here lol) if i were a doctor with male instinct, I would rather deal with a smart tall blond barbie rep (so called the "eye candy) those first impression counts. ( i hope i didn't burn too many bridges at ena for saying that lol)

Lol, that is so true. My friend was GORGEOUS, she was a miller lite girl. But she was also smart.

Archived