dry, bleeding skin on fingers.

My boyfriend for the past few months has been getting red rashes, accompanied by very dry cracked, bleeding skin on and in between his fingers. It is more than just dry skin, but he won't see a doctor to get something for it, I think it is some sort of skin infection maybe. His mum got all soap-free handwashes, and he has been using moisterisers, and when he breaks out he puts bandaids on the really bad parts, and it clears up a bit. He can not understand that this is not a solution, as when he stops using it, in a few days it comes back again. He is so stubborn. I know it is hard to tell what it could be from my description, but any help?

My son had a similar problem a couple of years ago and it was diagnosed as eczema. We tried all kinds of stuff, vaseline with cotton gloves at night, expensive urea creams, prescriptions. It went on for months and what finally cleared it up was Glysomed Hand Cream and it was under ten bucks I think. It has to be the thick cream, not the lotion. Here's a link, it's the one on the left, the round tub. I swear by the stuff.

link removed

My son had a similar problem a couple of years ago and it was diagnosed as eczema. We tried all kinds of stuff, vaseline with cotton gloves at night, expensive urea creams, prescriptions. It went on for months and what finally cleared it up was Glysomed Hand Cream and it was under ten bucks I think. It has to be the thick cream, not the lotion. Here's a link, it's the one on the left, the round tub. I swear by the stuff.

link removed

where do you get glysomed products? can you get it at like, walmart?

I have a very similar thing. My hands would get really red, dry, crack, and bleed. I went to doctors and took tests, but they found nothing and couldn't figure it out. I found out recently, after testing, that it was because I was too thorough when washing my hands.

Our hand soap at work caused many of us to get like this - it was just sucking the moisture out of our skin so fast that creams simply didn't work.

I'd say it's worth asking a professional about it to be safe. Since your hands touch so much during the day (including other parts of your own body) it's best to clear anything there up as soon as possible.

I have a very similar thing. My hands would get really red, dry, crack, and bleed. I went to doctors and took tests, but they found nothing and couldn't figure it out. I found out recently, after testing, that it was because I was too thorough when washing my hands.

oh my gosh... if this is the cause of my boyfriends hands.. it makes much sense because he can be really OCD about hand washing sometimes... its not like he washes his hands every 5 minutes, but he does frequently and when he does it really lathers them up and that.

This is how it started with my son as well. He was washing his hands so frequently that I was worried he was becoming obsessive compulsive and actually ended up taking him to counselling (he was also becoming obsessive about making sure the doors were locked at night). The glysomed helped heal his hands and the counselling helped him with everything else. Also watch out for over using the anti bacterial gels...they're very drying.

Archived