can I meet friends online?

nurse1986
Mamba Free Tricks To Meet People
Mamba Free Tricks To Meet People

You know how people are always saying how they met their SO online, etc, etc. Well, is there a website to meet friends online? I'm in a relationship and would only like to meet friends. I never heard of anything like this, but maybe some on you know something that I don't?

I don't have a lot of connections outside of home and family, so it almost seems impossible to meet friends that way.

Please help me! I need to build friendships. tx

I've met friends online...but the main purpose wasn't to meet friends.

For example, I always, and still do, go on a travel forum. The main purpose of it is to ask questions about that destination...places to eat, things to do etc..so if i found out someone would be in a certain country and city or place at the same time as me, we may suggest to meet up... and we became friends that way.

Also, when I've lived in other countries, I've found websites for expats... or websites for the professions i was in with job tips etc.

I would never go on a website saying, "Hi, i want a friend"

I think if you want to meet friends online, find a website with something you are interested in, that way you at least have something in common with those people.

You should give either link removed or link removed a shot.

I think of these sites are for friends you already have... not for making new ones. I would never confirm a friend add of someone I didn't know.. orsomeone who was 'looking for a friend' That would just be weird and creepy.

You can make friends over myspace and facebook, yes most people have friends that already have either...but you can make new friends over either. You do risk being judged as creepy here and there but who cares -- they're strangers aren't they?

maybe it's an age thing... the younger generation tends to meet people like that, whereas grannies like me use it to stay in touch!

maybe it's an age thing... the younger generation tends to meet people like that, whereas grannies like me use it to stay in touch!

I wouldn't accept someone I didn't know on facebook. To be honest I don't think the net is the best place to make friends. I think you should make friends at work or join a club or team.

I used to go to a smaller locally run forum, where everyone had "similar" interests. After being on it for about a year, people started having parties and get-together's.

I think what set this site apart from other sites/forums is that it was fairly small. And the parties that were set-up were invite-only, so everyone knew who was going and comfortable with the invite list.

That being said, I met more people and made more friends by joining local sports and social groups. Everyone is there for the same reason, meet people and have some fun.

I wouldn't accept someone I didn't know on facebook. To be honest I don't think the net is the best place to make friends. I think you should make friends at work or join a club or team.

Neither do I, I also agree with you that the internet isn't the best place to meet friends, but if that is someone's place to meet them, it's best to at least meet somone on a site, where the primary focus isn't for friendship, but for another activity or hobby they share.

Eg, I know a couple who met originally because they met on a dance music forum. It was full of many people, like ENA, where they would talk about their favourite DJs, music etc. Then there was a meetup at a club where their favourite DJ was coming, they met out at a club, but had originally met online... so it wasn't really that they went on the forum to meet a friend, but because they really liked the same sort of music.

I think if one is going to meet someone online, that is the best way to do it!

Even better is meeting someone in 'real life'

I used to go to a smaller locally run forum, where everyone had "similar" interests. After being on it for about a year, people started having parties and get-together's.

I think what set this site apart from other sites/forums is that it was fairly small. And the parties that were set-up were invite-only, so everyone knew who was going and comfortable with the invite list.

That being said, I met more people and made more friends by joining local sports and social groups. Everyone is there for the same reason, meet people and have some fun.

Yes, this is what I'm talking about!

Archived