be aware of "married" old men

jpmartin

I met an old man who's 30 yrs older than me at an artist's presentation, he claims he's married. and offers to teach me drawing, I view him like a Dad figure and respect him, then he asked me for a date yesterday after we finished dwging at 9:30pm.

I was not only disgusted but also disappointed. now I feel like I've eaten a fly... anyway, there's nothing come for free. be aware of old "married" man, it's a good lesson to learn. I wish all of them go to **l!

You said the exact same thing in your thread yesterday. Why did it require a second post? I realize that you're upset that some "old married man" is apparently attracted to you, and there's no doubt that it's inappropriate, but there is absolutely no need to personalize it.

Someday, you will quite possibly be some "old, disgusting married person", and good luck if you don't find yourself occasionally attracted to other people, some of which may be younger then yourself.

From what I read, he hasn't even done anything inappropriate yet except for ask you to spend time with him. "Be aware of old, married men"? No more so then "young, unmarried women." Respect people enough to judge people based on the individual.

my post was removed because of those words. but those words are exactly what it should be used to people like him!

now I still want to see how people respond.

yes, he didn't do things inappropriate except asking me for a date while being married. and to me, it just disgusted me so much that I want to warn people.

i'm not against the category of "old married men" , just disgusted by "old married men" trying to hit on young unmarried women. shame on them!

I met an old man who's 30 yrs older than me at an artist's presentation, he claims he's married. and offers to teach me drawing, I view him like a Dad figure and respect him, then he asked me for a date yesterday after we finished dwging at 9:30pm.

I was not only disgusted but also disappointed. now I feel like I've eaten a fly... anyway, there's nothing come for free. be aware of old "married" man, it's a good lesson to learn. I wish all of them go to **l!

I think this is a horrible message. There are TONS of older married men who are not pigs. You encounter one and are labeling them all. Not very cool.

my post was removed because of those words. but those words are exactly what it should be used to people like him!

now I still want to see how people respond.

yes, he didn't do things inappropriate except asking me for a date while being married. and to me, it just disgusted me so much that I want to warn people.

i'm not against the category of "old married men" , just disgusted by "old married men" trying to hit on young unmarried women. shame on them!

Who are you warning and what about? I don't think there's anyone here who would already have their guard up if a married man was asking them for one on one time. It's like warning people "don't drown if you put your head underwater."

well. if dinner at 9:30pm is not date, Friday night getting together for live music is not date, I have nothing to say. and it's not inappropirate for an old married men asking someone out, I have nothing to say. someone does think they've charisma and morals.

it just disgusted me when I think about this. never mind. I'm not going to read this post again.

I'm just warning young women be aware that some people do have other intentions when they act like a "gentlemen" ,even if they're married and they could be your Dad. that's all. I'm opinionated. I admit, and I'll be staying far away from those "old married men" who's trying to be my "mentor" or "friends"

well. if dinner at 9:30pm is not date, Friday night getting together for live music is not date, I have nothing to say. and it's not inappropirate for an old married men asking someone out, I have nothing to say. someone does think they've charisma and morals.

it just disgusted me when I think about this. never mind. I'm not going to read this post again.

There are many people in this world who might lack scruples. Just because this one was older and married doesn't mean that group is a "bad" group.

You could very well encounter a young 25 year old man who is very disrepectful of you. Doesn't mean they are all pigs either.

Try to concentrate less on his age and marital status and just concentrate more on the fact that he was a PERSON who displayed inappropriate behavior.

I'm just warning young women be aware that some people do have other intentions when they act like a "gentlemen" ,even if they're married and they could be your Dad. that's all. I'm opinionated. I admit, and I'll be staying far away from those "old married men" who's trying to be my "mentor" or "friends"

Well, you have fun with that.

I still think you are very quick to judge this guy.

well, if a young married man approches me as a friend or mentor, I'll sense his tention and stay away, but you know when you fully respect and trust an old married man as a mentor and a wise person you can learn from, and it came out to be that he's other intentions, it's just disgusting.

There are many people in this world who might lack scruples. Just because this one was older and married doesn't mean that group is a "bad" group.

You could very well encounter a young 25 year old man who is very disrepectful of you. Doesn't mean they are all pigs either.

Try to concentrate less on his age and marital status and just concentrate more on the fact that he was a PERSON who displayed inappropriate behavior.

Amen. Stay away from group speak. Similarly, I wouldn't think you'd be comfortable saying something like, "Stay away from old, disgusting black men." Am I right? If you aren't, then you should not be comfortable phrasing it that way you did either.

Whew!!!

I almost talked to one today. I can't believe they are allowed to be out there. What shall we do? I almost was approached by an older woman too. Does this mean they are all out to get us?

I also talked to a younger woman today. I wonder if she ran away because of your warning?

The woman my age. She didn't run. She just talked to me. Hmm..

When you figure out how to keep them all away.. or I spose keep me away from some as well. Let me know.

The problem with threads like this and declarations of it in the 'real' world is young women really take this stuff seriously and any married man over 40 who smiles at her is labeled a pervert. It is offensive because i know personally of many many married men over 40 who are just very kind hearted people, and when they can't smile at a young woman without her envisioning "rapist" or "pervert" in her head it is pretty disgusting. Almost as disgusting as a married man who would be inappropriate. Please try to not perpetuate this horrible myth.

The saddest part is based on your posts is that it isn't really known if he is an old perv. You might be assuming that a dinner invite means he can't resist trying to jump your bones. You have said nothing here that suggests he really came off dirty. Would be a real shame (to him) if he really was just being nice.

Whew!!!

I almost talked to one today. I can't believe they are allowed to be out there. What shall we do? I almost was approached by an older woman too. Does this mean they are all out to get us?

I also talked to a younger woman today. I wonder if she ran away because of your warning?

The woman my age. She didn't run. She just talked to me. Hmm..

When you figure out how to keep them all away.. or I spose keep me away from some as well. Let me know.

Oh this did make me laugh.

But yes, OP be careful about making generalizations. Elderly people deserve respect same as everybody else.

Oh this did make me laugh.

But yes, OP be careful about making generalizations. Elderly people deserve respect same as everybody else.

LOL we don't even know if the guy is "elderly". If the OP is 18 that would make this guy 48. I don't think that makes him ready for his senior citizen discount.

Not all 'married old' men are the same. Just unfortunate you found this one!

Archived